• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Type R is last one?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
As a UK member we expect to not be able to buy a new ICE car after 2030.

Do we think this will be the last manual ICE CTR?
Sponsored

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
That's pretty much a given. Particularly for Europe.

OP
OP

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe an international model? Appreciate there are other markets available to Honda

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
I imagine given the impeding bans the next gen is likey to be hybrid if not full electric.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Depends who the people vote for.
At a certain point, it won't matter. If manufacturers go past no-return on EV-only, then ICE cars will disappear anyway.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line

No. I fully expect ICE cars to make a comeback as the pipedream of EVs implodes due to extreme costs of exotic metals and electricity. When it costs more to fill up a Tesla with electrons than it costs to gas up a car, manufacturers will change their tune.

Not sure about the UK, might be a lost cause. I expect the EU will be disbanded by 2030.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
What I don't understand about the EV dream is how do we plan to support all this electrical load with no significant change in infrastructure? Like all these older towns and cities in Europe, do they have capacity already installed to support the power required to charge all these vehicles? What about housing? I just don't understand.

And why take away all these cool cars that enthusiasts love and support? i.e. the challenger. Isn't the business case fundamentally supply and demand? If everyone who wants a hellcat needs it to be ICE but not necessarily EV, shouldn't the ICE stick around?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
The world has been brainwashed with the EV narrative and that it’s immediately cleaner when, in fact, they indirectly pollute more than conventional econoboxes and hybrids.

The lack of infrastructure to support this market is a disaster in the making.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
:drive::)

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8

Yes, I think this will be the last one, regardless of global requirements /demand, they won't make ICE for one country and EV for another when it comes to the type r

OP
OP

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I guess hybrid would almost certainly mean auto box..

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
What I don't understand about the EV dream is how do we plan to support all this electrical load with no significant change in infrastructure? Like all these older towns and cities in Europe, do they have capacity already installed to support the power required to charge all these vehicles? What about housing? I just don't understand.

And why take away all these cool cars that enthusiasts love and support? i.e. the challenger. Isn't the business case fundamentally supply and demand? If everyone who wants a hellcat needs it to be ICE but not necessarily EV, shouldn't the ICE stick around?
Let me see if I can explain this to you..............

Nope.

Ahh, I see the mistake now. An assumption was made that this was done for any sensible engineering/scientific reason. It wasn't. This fiasco is the product of politicians, and politicians are always about self-enrichment and power.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I hope we are all wrong and the powers that be will see the error of their ways. Don't count on it. If you have an enthusiast car with a manual and engine running on gas, hang on to it. I am.

The same states that currently have forced brownouts and blackouts due to inadequacies in the power grid - looking at you California - are hell bent on banning ICE vehicles. As in no ICE vehicles from 2035 forward. 'Buy an EV! Hey, stop charging your EV!' It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You can recycle about 100 % of an ICE vehicle. But only about 70 % at best of an EV. EV's require a lot more rare metals - often produced with child labor - and in short supply and subject to any political upheaval - than an ICE car. Especially one already on the road.

Cubans have managed to keep cars from the 50's running - with extremely limited resources due to embargos by using their ingenuity and determination. Surely we can at least keep our ICE vehicles on the road.
'I can't wait to buy my collector EV'- said nobody ever.
Sponsored