• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

► APEX | New Forged Sprint™ Line - Lightweight Motorsport Wheels For Your Civic Type-R

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@RacingManiac Looks like Apex still only has 1 set of wheels listed as drop-in compatible with the FL5. They’re the VS-5RS.

The op in that other thread got EC-7’s…which I was eyeballing for their more ideal offset, but aren’t listed as FL5 compatible. I hope Apex makes more FL5 compatible wheels in offsets closer to 60mm, but without the need for new wheel studs.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/extended-wheel-studs.51886/
Not sure if anyone previously have brought this up. I also am not sure how much of an issue this is actually but would be nice if the new wheels could take this into account as well.
@RacingManiac Looks like Apex still only has 1 set of wheels listed as drop-in compatible with the FL5. They’re the VS-5RS.

The op in that other thread got EC-7’s…which I was eyeballing for their more ideal offset, but aren’t listed as FL5 compatible. I hope Apex makes more FL5 compatible wheels in offsets closer to 60mm, but without the need for new wheel studs.
I got the EC-7 after some back and forth with Apex to verify they fit. Ran them for a couple of autocrosses and track weekends this year. No issues. I love that they are similar in design to the OE wheel. After reading that thread I was planning to buy the extended studs. But after a weekend of use the lugs seemed to tighten another 1/2 turn or so and I decided it was good enough for me. No issues.

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
I'm hopeful the VS-5RS will come in an 18x9.5 or 19x9.5 +53 to +60 fitment over the winter! And if I'm being picky, Motorsport gold or Bronze :cool:

sholzer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
987.2 Cayman S
I'm hoping for SM-10RS in SCCA legal fitment. I'm really tempted to try to fit the 18x11 fitment, I think it would be close to fitting, but I have no practical use since my main use for the car is SCCA street class autocross

rBobby

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Does anyone know if the VS-5RS require extended studs like the EC-7s?

TJ83

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R CBP
Does anyone know if the VS-5RS require extended studs like the EC-7s?
I just purchased a set of VS-5RS 18x10.5 et47. Emailed them before ordering and Matt Thompson responded to all my questions. You do not need extended studs. But you will need 60 degree conical seat lug nuts, so I ordered a set of McGards. Hope this helps!