• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
About a full second slower than the 10th gen Sport Touring which usually clocked in around 7-7.1 seconds, just like the sedan being about a second slower. It's a shame, especially considering that $30k will get you a mazda3 hatch with 250hp and AWD. Its just not enough oomph for this price point IMO. But the Integra may remedy that.
My theory: they nerfed the 1.5T to create more performance separation between non-Si Civic and Integra
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
My theory: they nerfed the 1.5T to create more performance separation between non-Si Civic and Integra
I think the fact that they changed the turbo to one that’s more for efficiency than power really hurt the performance. My dealer apparently got one in white yesterday so I’m going to try and test drive it meanwhile I get some maintenance done. If it’s anything like the 2022 sedan, it’s just going to handle well but be all about comfort and drivability for the most part. There’s a lot of good quality of life changes made to this new generation but the worst thing about it is that the auto stop start feature has to be turned off every time you get in the car if you don’t want it on. Sometimes it’s smooth from take off, but most of the time now it’s a rough start up that jerks you forward a little. At least that’s how it is in my wife’s 11th gen so far.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
but the worst thing about the new Civic is that the auto stop start feature has to be turned off every time you get in the car if you don’t want it on. Sometimes it’s smooth from take off, but most of the time now it’s a rough start up that jerks you forward a little. At least that’s how it is in my wife’s 11th gen so far.
Some genius needs to hack that stupid auto stop start feature to keep it off permanently.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Just find a 2021 Sport hatch and you can have all that with a better stereo setup and still get the turbo motor for less than a 2022.
This. If all the appeal of an 11th gen is basically gone, then why buy and 11th gen at all. I think some people just want new cars for the sake of new cars.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to agree with you. The turbo ST Hatch 0-60 is coming in around 8 seconds for all these reviews. The 2.0NA is 8.5secs. So unlike the 10th gen, the difference between the 11th gen models is almost negligible.
Pretty much because the real world hp difference is negligible. Unlike the 10th gen 1.5T, the hp figures Honda is using is at the crank, not at the wheels. The 11th gen turbo isn’t really putting down much more power than the 2.0L NA at all. I don’t think there’s much of a case for getting the turbo over the base motor anymore. When you’re one tune away from being about equal or greater output, then its totally moot.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This. If all the appeal of an 11th gen is basically gone, then why buy and 11th gen at all. I think some people just want new cars for the sake of new cars.
Handles better, AC unit is quieter and works better. Quieter cabin. More room inside the sedan. Faster head unit. Better materials used in the cabin. It’s just a bunch of quality of life changes in exchange for power.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I don't know if you're a CivicX member but here's what happened with the 10th gen...

Basically Honda published very low power numbers on the 2016 non-Si 1.5T's to make the disparity between it and the soon to be released 2017 Si larger. The reality is, road tests on the non-Si's were only a hair slower than the Si. Hondata showed that the non-Si was seriously underrated and they got something like 190/200 on the dyno, stock.

Their numbers on the 11th, on the same dyno, were much lower. The 11th gen isn't about speed. It's about refinement.

Last edited:

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Handles better, AC unit is quieter and works better. Quieter cabin. More room inside the sedan. Faster head unit. Better materials used in the cabin. It’s just a bunch of quality of life changes in exchange for power.
I get that, but Honda already made a car with all that called the Accord and I hear it’s pretty popular. Not trying to be obtuse or anything, but I’m seriously wondering why people would rush out to buy this car when Honda is essentially playing catch-up with the rest of the market and their own offerings for that matter. If someone offered me a Civic sport touring, Accord 2.0, Mazda3 turbo or a Jetta GLI, the 11th gen Civic is the last option I would go with.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that, but Honda already made a car with all that called the Accord and I hear it’s pretty popular. Not trying to be obtuse or anything, but I’m seriously wondering why people would rush out to buy this car when Honda is essentially playing catch-up with the rest of the market and their own offerings for that matter. If someone offered me a Civic sport touring, Accord 2.0, Mazda3 turbo or a Jetta GLI, the 11th gen Civic is the last option I would go with.
I agree 100%. This is an Accord lite. Honda is clearly changing their market strategy. Back in the day, the Civic was economical sure. Reliable sure. But they were SMALL, FUN cars.

I think the reason for Honda essentially rebranding the Civic as a slightly smaller Accord, is due to the populary of SUVs. I guess most people are getting away from smaller cars. To me it's sad because I loved my little CRX, 1st gen Integra and 5th gen Civic (all manuals). Those were really fun to drive and nimble.

Performance-wise like you said, I can get a GLI or Mazda turbo AWD in a similar price range. The Sport Touring for well over 30K on the road, while a nice vehicle, is somewhat overpriced and power-wise, an also ran.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100%. This is an Accord lite. Honda is clearly changing their market strategy. Back in the day, the Civic was economical sure. Reliable sure. But they were SMALL, FUN cars.

I think the reason for Honda essentially rebranding the Civic as a slightly smaller Accord, is due to the populary of SUVs. I guess most people are getting away from smaller cars. To me it's sad because I loved my little CRX, 1st gen Integra and 5th gen civic. Those were amazingly fun to drive and nimble.

Performance-wise like you said, I can get a GLI or Mazda turbo AWD in a similar price range. The Sport Touring for well over 30K on the road, while a nice vehicle, is somewhat overpriced and power-wise, an also ran.
Spot on. I’ve always liked Civics because they were small “shit boxes” (for lack of a better term lol) that were a good blend of economy and fun. The 10th gen finally got me into one because the proposition of a tunable Civic with a stock turbo for under $24k was an unbeatable value proposition. Moving the Civic up-market a bit, dropping power for the benefit of smoothness that, charging more money basically, ans wrapping it in a package that’s basically identical to an Accord removes all incentive I had for buying a 10th gen.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Civics haven’t been small cars in 20 years…
Yep, when they jumped to the 8th generation the civic grew a lot. Now, from that gen, depending on body style, in some regards the civic grew or shrunk (in length).

8th to 9th gen sedan grew slightly but the coupe stayed the same length I believe
9th to 10th gen sedan grew more but he coupe actually shrank in length by like an inch
10th to 11th gen sedan grew even more, hatch only grew about an inch from the 10th gen

The civic started being classified as a mid-size around the 10th gen (due to interior measurements, not exterior). Most of what gives the Accord the extra 9 or so inches in length is extra trunk/overhang a bit more nose/hood. The 7th gen civics were the last small civic IMO.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civics haven’t been small cars in 20 years…
My last Civic before my 10th gen was a '94 (bought new in 1993, yeah I'm old) so there you go.

I was one of the biggest Honda fans in their early days. Only came back to the brand because the 10th was a revelation. Sure it was bigger but it checked all the other boxes for me. The 11th doesn't, at least for me.

It's a nice car, but I'll be looking elsewhere.
Sponsored

Last edited: