• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic models listed by weight

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
2022 Civic US spec sedans and hatchbacks listed by weight in pounds

2877 - Sedan LX CVT
2928 - HB LX CVT
2932 - HB Sport Manual
2935 - Sedan Sport CVT
2956 - HB Sport CVT
3004 - Sedan EX CVT
3036 - HB Sport Touring Manual
3053 - HB EX-L CVT
3077 - Sedan Touring CVT
3102 - HB Sport Touring CVT

My 2018 LX coupe with manual transmission weighs 2739 lbs. The 2022 HB Sport Manual weighs almost 200 pounds more with the same engine and horsepower. Not a recipe for speed.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan

2877 - Sedan LX CVT
2928 - HB LX CVT
2932 - HB Sport Manual
2935 - Sedan Sport CVT
2956 - HB Sport CVT
3004 - Sedan EX CVT
3053 - HB EX-L CVT
3077 - Sedan Touring CVT

My 2018 LX coupe with manual transmission weighs 2739 lbs. The 2022 HB Sport Manual weighs almost 200 pounds more with the same engine and horsepower. Not a recipe for speed.
I still think Honda wasn't seeing the whole picture clearly on this gen. The 10th was a mega hit for a few reasons. One was the styling. Some may say it was over the top but it was popular. Two, it was surprisingly quick, especially the 1.5T models. Three, even with the nice performance, it got great gas mileage.

So what does Honda do? They tone everything down that was so popular. They're slower, bigger, heavier and less sporty looking.

Yes, the 11th is more refined. More subdued. Has better ride quality. A nicer interior. Maybe it will appeal to a different type of buyer and that was their goal versus getting most 10th gen owners interested in "upgrading".

Last edited:

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I still think Honda wasn't seeing the whole picture clearly on this gen. The 10th was a mega hit for a few reasons. One was the styling. Some may say it was over the top but it was popular. Two, it was surprisingly quick, especially the 1.5T models. Three, even with the nice performance, it got great gas mileage.

So what does Honda do? They tone everything down that was so popular. They're slower, bigger, heavier and less sporty looking.

Yes, the 11th is more refined. More subdued. Has better ride quality. A nicer interior. Maybe it will appeal to a different type of buyer and that was their goal versus getting most 10th gen owners interested in "upgrading".
Dont forget gutting the lower trim levels of feature content....no fog lights, no siriusxm, no power driver's seat for the ex, and on and on and on. Gotta step all the way to the Touring/Sport Touring to get features that used to be on Sport and EX trim levels. Its insanity.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I totally agree.

My 2017 EX-L came with SiriusXM, HD radio, fogs, power driver's seat, auto dimming mirror, turbo, etc. and it was around $24.5K sticker. I paid $21.5K brand new.

I know this is an 11th gen board but all I can say is I'm glad I have a 10th.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Weight is such an underrated factor in cars. I have a 2008 Honda Fit with only 109 HP but it feels peppy and agile because it's so light. It impacts so many things like handling and braking as well. I get so annoyed when Car and Driver or Motortrend do a car review and they're like "interesting enough the lower end model had better breaking performance." Yeah, duh, it weighs a lot less.

I always wanted a performance stripped down Honda Fit. It's too bad Honda discontinued the car for US market.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N

2877 - Sedan LX CVT
2928 - HB LX CVT
2932 - HB Sport Manual
2935 - Sedan Sport CVT
2956 - HB Sport CVT
3004 - Sedan EX CVT
3053 - HB EX-L CVT
3077 - Sedan Touring CVT

I'm disappointed that they didn't increase engine output too, but why would they look for a recipe for speed?

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...honda-civic-hatchback-specifications-features

The 2022 HB is about 100lbs more than a similar 2017. We are also 5 years later into gas mpg targets and must have safety features. This isn’t a surprise taking that into account. I’m still interested in seeing where the Si and R land on the power to weight. I’m still in the camp that it will be higher than some think but I think Honda needs to make sure that the 21 CTRs are sold out which should be with in the next month anyhow.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
At this point, getting the accord lx is a better deal than what the civics are offering
No kidding. That's probably the closest thing to the Turbo engine Sport (non-touring) that we all want. it comes with Alloy wheels, Carplay, Pushbutton start and version of the 1.5 Turbo making 190HP. I don't like big cars but you almost have to at least consider it if you're in the market for a new civic.

OP
OP
Steve182022

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
No kidding. That's probably the closest thing to the Turbo engine Sport (non-touring) that we all want. it comes with Alloy wheels, Carplay, Pushbutton start and version of the 1.5 Turbo making 190HP. I don't like big cars but you almost have to at least consider it if you're in the market for a new civic.
The only thing missing from the LX Accord for me is a leather wrapped steering wheel. I can't stand the hard plastic on the stock wheel. Could either get it leather wrapped at an upholstery shop or get the Honda leather wrapped heated wheel that's a dealer installed option.

BTW in most markets outside of North America, the Accord is much more expensive than a Civic. It's an almost $50k car in Thailand for example.

Accord is only 8 inches longer than the Civic sedan. 13 inches longer than the Civic hatchback.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Weight is such an underrated factor in cars. I have a 2008 Honda Fit with only 109 HP but it feels peppy and agile because it's so light. It impacts so many things like handling and braking as well. I get so annoyed when Car and Driver or Motortrend do a car review and they're like "interesting enough the lower end model had better breaking performance." Yeah, duh, it weighs a lot less.

I always wanted a performance stripped down Honda Fit. It's too bad Honda discontinued the car for US market.
Good points about weight and I love the Fit! My mom has one and it’s like a little go kart that is really functional! The seating position and door opening makes it so easy to get in and out of. I wish a) they didn’t stop making these and b) there was a performance version with a stick shift. Could you imagine one of these with a Type R engine crammed under the hood?

Yeah weigh is underrated especially if you get on twisty roads. If you really push the car, a lighter car that handles well vs a heavier car might keep you from kissing a guard rail.
Sponsored