• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
No doubt. I still follow Hyundai closely and that upcoming Corolla hot hatch might be amazing.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic sedan spotted outside production plant 2022-Toyota-Corolla-GR-grey-hatch-Best-Car-Web-1001x565-1

Still holding out hope the Gen 11 Civic hatch looks better, but the sedan is bland. I think the perfect word to sum up the sedan's look is "pedestrian".
Sponsored

Last edited:

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm also waiting on the hatchback reveal. Fingers crossed it isn't as bland as the sedan. Really hoping the Si comes in a hatchback variant. That would be an insta-buy for me. The HB camo images do look promising.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I would probably buy the Corolla hot hatch if its more fun to drive than the Civic Si.

Hyundai makes great competition but I don’t like the styling. Kona N would be fine if it had a manual.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
The styling doesn't really bother me..at least from these two pictures...throwback styling to the Accords (and Civics) of the 1990s. I mean Accords and Civics were never really flashy cars back in the 90s..they had clean styling that was conservative...nothing over the top or radical.

I'm eager to see the SI, the hatchback, the Type R and the interior. It must be damn gold since nobody has leaked it yet.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback
Good looks on posting these photos! I like this new design because it looks simpler and more upscale than the 10th generation, which I also like for the sportier looks but am happy Honda is trying something different.

Honda has absolutely made this kind of shift in styling before, as the move from 5th to 6th generation Civic was just like this. Both of those were solid designs to me but I preferred the more muted looks (and better interior) of the 6th generation.

When it comes to any car today, the interior and infotainment features are a huge deal to me because that's where all my time is spent lol. So while these spy shots are so great, I'm so ready for the full reveal on Wednesday so we can learn more about the interior.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The styling doesn't really bother me..at least from these two pictures...throwback styling to the Accords (and Civics) of the 1990s. I mean Accords and Civics were never really flashy cars back in the 90s..they had clean styling that was conservative...nothing over the top or radical.

I'm eager to see the SI, the hatchback, the Type R and the interior. It must be damn gold since nobody has leaked it yet.
I think it's all your point of view when it comes to styling. For example, I see you own a CR-V and Accord.

It's a decent, clean design. I'll give Honda that. Not that I want flashy per se, just that it was the 10th gen's sporty styling that brought me back to Honda after not owning one for 15 years. I know it will be a fine car but it just doesn't excite in any way.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Yeah sedan looks better, but some of the hot hatch mock-ups look decent. Rumor is we might get a sedan but not at first.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
So boxy looking. So 90's and not in a good way. :sleep:

Untitled 1.jpg

Surprised so many here like it. Yuck. So generic. I guess I'll be moving on from Honda for my next car.
That’s what I’m saying, the ones that want it to be more “mature”. That’s what the accord is for is it not? I’m just saying, to each it’s own, but it looks…………………………. ?
-
if anything, I better see wireless CarPlay in there. Some competitors are slapping it on their base models(don’t quote me)?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe

The new styling is crap. This design is the exact reason I stayed away from the 7, 8 and 9th gens. Didn't like the styling. Plus I had my 99 DX hatch which lasted me to 2018. The 5th and 6th gen styling might not have been flashy, but thought they looked better than most everything else competition wise.
And I must admit, I stayed with Civics mainly because of the reliability. Which I have no doubt will still be there.
But leave it to Honda to screw up the styling once again.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new styling is crap. This design is the exact reason I stayed away from the 7, 8 and 9th gens. Didn't like the styling.
Same here. I love the earlier Hondas. Had a first gen Integra and CRX. '94 Civic. Then I sort lost my interest in the Honda design language in 2002 when I was shopping for a replacement. I stayed away from Honda until 2017, when I was wowed by the 10th gen.

I'll tell you guys this. If this 11th gen was released 5-6 years ago, I would have taken a look and said "hell no".

I guess the 10th gen was an outlier for Honda. Too bad.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
So disappointing to see them use the same rims that’s currently on the tenth gens.
Those are 2020 Sport hatch wheels, but the cars in the pic don’t look like Sports so that’s kind of weird.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I think it's all your point of view when it comes to styling. For example, I see you own a CR-V and Accord.

It's a decent, clean design. I'll give Honda that. Not that I want flashy per se, just that it was the 10th gen's sporty styling that brought me back to Honda after not owning one for 15 years. I know it will be a fine car but it just doesn't excite in any way.
While I do have a CR-V and Accord, I own them for reasons beyond their styling...I travel for work and the CR-V is without question the best compact crossover for my traveling needs...power is decent, room is great for its size, fuel economy is good. I personally found the CX-5 more attractive and with better features...but I needed the space for my line of work. The CR-V is not all that attractive as far as design is concerned IMO.

The Accord I got because I enjoy a good stick shift sedan. I dont mind the front or the side styling of the Accord, I still don't like (and never have liked the styling of the rear end) As a matter of fact I tried to hold off getting my 2.0t/6MT hoping the Accord would get a fully redesigned rear end and keep the 6MT...neither happened so I scooped up a low mileage 2019 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT last year.

I VASTY prefer the design of the 9th gen (especially the 9.5 Gen) but I'm a sucker for a stick shift midsize sedan and the Accord was the last one left in town.

The current Civic (sedan and coupe) have always looked good to me, I didn't care for the hatchback at first or the Type R or even the SI models with the ugly rear spoilers and front and rear bumper cut outs. I always felt like the hatch was frumpy looking and the SI and Type R with their updated bumpers/spoilers looked immature and childish.

T
The new styling is crap. This design is the exact reason I stayed away from the 7, 8 and 9th gens. Didn't like the styling. Plus I had my 99 DX hatch which lasted me to 2018. The 5th and 6th gen styling might not have been flashy, but thought they looked better than most everything else competition wise.
And I must admit, I stayed with Civics mainly because of the reliability. Which I have no doubt will still be there.
But leave it to Honda to screw up the styling once again.
Ok. That's why styling is subjective. To each his own.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
So disappointing to see them use the same rims that’s currently on the tenth gens.
I don’t like those so glad they’re on the sedan. Means the hatch should get different wheels. :)

The 10th gen was the outlier, the Civic never looked so sporty in base form. Maybe the 5th is the closest, the coupe looked amazing.
Sponsored