• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Well that's interesting, imo they should have revealed the Si weeks ago and the Type-R should be revealed like November something, but who knows they never tell us anything, we don't even have an announcement for the announcement yet
Honda seems to be waiting longer than usual to release details on new vehicles. This could be related to the part shortage to ensure that there are no further delays with deliveries before releasing details. Here is Canada the Hatchbacks are expected to arrive at dealers this Friday and we still don't have detailed specs or the build option on the Honda Canada web site yet.
Sponsored

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
My money is on the same roughly the same specs as the last SI. Why? Acura and the Teggy.

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Honda seems to be waiting longer than usual to release details on new vehicles. This could be related to the part shortage to ensure that there are no further delays with deliveries before releasing details. Here is Canada the Hatchbacks are expected to arrive at dealers this Friday and we still don't have detailed specs or the build option on the Honda Canada web site yet.
Damn that's weird, we are supposed to get them soon too I forget when but it is very soon. It might have to do with what you said not quite sure, I'm just so excited

OP
OP

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
Im afraid I couldn't wait any longer.. My 2021 WRX is in transit to arrive in 2 weeks. After test driving a base wrx model I couldn't believe how much better it was and reminded me of my 2013 Si coupe. Feeling really engaged with the experience. I recommend anyone that's an Si fan to give a new WRX 5 minutes of your time. I did it to get the monkey of wondering off my back. Then was sold. So go figure. ?‍♂ That's coming from a guy who has bought 9 new civics.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
It will be less than 230hp……100%

We‘ve been made aware of a couple things at work…..and some of us are enthusiasts also. Therefore some of us know how to read between the lines.

They are being very tight lipped with us. We’re smarter than the average bears tho…

Specs will probably leak before the embargo-lift anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Considering they did very little to boost the performance of the regular Civic, I'd be surprised if they did much to improve the Si either.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Considering they did very little to boost the performance of the regular Civic, I'd be surprised if they did much to improve the Si either.
They didn't boost the performance as all of the trims have either a weaker motor or slower 0-60 so far as we have seen and cost more than the last gen. Makes no sense to buy any model we have seen so far. We can only hope the Si has some boosts over the last gen or Honda is in trouble.

Reactions: mjh

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FC1
Im afraid I couldn't wait any longer.. My 2021 WRX is in transit to arrive in 2 weeks. After test driving a base wrx model I couldn't believe how much better it was and reminded me of my 2013 Si coupe. Feeling really engaged with the experience. I recommend anyone that's an Si fan to give a new WRX 5 minutes of your time. I did it to get the monkey of wondering off my back. Then was sold. So go figure. ?‍♂ That's coming from a guy who has bought 9 new civics.
My Father just test drove a 2021 WRX Limited yesterday and decided to trade his F150 in for it. He had a lot of positive feedback about it, he likes my '19 Si but he wanted more power without having to modify a car. He was also looking at the new 2022 BRZ but couldn't wait. We will see how he likes it long term.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
My Father just test drove a 2021 WRX Limited yesterday and decided to trade his F150 in for it. He had a lot of positive feedback about it, he likes my '19 Si but he wanted more power without having to modify a car. He was also looking at the new 2022 BRZ but couldn't wait. We will see how he likes it long term.
The '21 definitely looks better than the weird looking new model.

OP
OP

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
Yep I figured the new Si will be 28k and dumb Honda dealers tack on 5k like the TypeR overcharge. SUBARU is taking orders as a base WRX is 28k and the premium loaded is 30k.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Si will be the Performance model for Sedans. Type R will be the performance model for Hatchbacks it that simple. If Honda isn’t offering it now they won’t offer it mid model year. Also wait for the Integra. That’s going to fill that slot.
TigerEye is right. We had this discussion a million times, the Si will not come in a hatch variant

OP
OP

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
Yep called a Columbus Ohio Honda Dealer and they are adding $2000 over msrp. asking for a deposit. ??

• Haha
OP
OP

neoison

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 hatchback sport
They had a gray and blue showing build dates for December. That's positive. Hopefully Si redemption with an unique engine, wheels and style like it's always been pre 10th gen.
Sponsored