• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Just a day after Honda teased the next generation Civic Type R, we just spied the red-camouflaged Type R prototype testing around the Nürburgring, just days ahead of its track testing.

The industry pool testing sessions of the new Civic Type R begin next week so we should soon be seeing more pics and videos from the track sessions!

Updated with a video!

Photos:

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-1

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-2

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-3

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-4

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-5

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-6

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-7

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-8

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-10

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-11

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-12

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-13

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Type R spied testing near Nürburgring ahead of next week's track testing! 2022-civic-type-r-spied-near-nurburgring-14
Sponsored

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
The extended fenders from the rear remind me of how BMW handles the M cars and extending the front and rear fenders!!

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Maybe I’m just the lone wolf here, but that wing doesn’t look right.
It looks off to me. Honda tried so hard to make the base civic look so simple and invisible in a crowd… and for the type R they took that design and put a paper thin wing on a very pedestrian looking design.
Maybe I’m the only one thinking this but it doesn’t look right to me. Maybe i’ll change my mind once it’s fully revealed. Until then…. Looks like they are trying to make a soft looking type R on a soft looking civic. Almost as if they are “afraid” to have fun.
For a type R that’s uncool. IMO

This car isn’t isn’t going to be cheap, especially for a civic. Accord looking civic R with a “after-thought” wing for $50,000 (market correction from dealers)
Sounds meh

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
Holy shit this looks even better in motion. Gone are the glued on, after market looking rear fenders of the X gen (which pretty much looked like an afterthought).
We’re finally getting R-specific, sculptured fender lines making the car look much more upscale.
Lower roof lines, wider stance in the back, less fake vents, I’m so excited for the next R.

Last edited:

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Looks like it has 20 inch wheels. Sidewall looks pretty thin. Bottom pic is 19s.

1633465800397.png

1633465788378.png
I really enjoy the connected spoiler more, it's why I like the 10th Gen Type-R spoiler so much, I hope they don't get rid of it when the time comes for it to release, if you want one like it has on these prototype pictures then you can always go aftermarket but I feel like the connected one looks more stock, natural, better, but again that is just my opinion

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW FK8
The red camo car has the FK8 Limited Edition BBS wheels (20 inch). Are they trying to break the 'ring FF record using these wheels?
Sponsored