• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic vs 2018-2020 Honda Accord

What would go for? 11th gen civic or a used 10th gen accord for similar or lower price?

• Civic

• Accord

Results are only viewable after voting.

castlepeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hi, I'm looking to be a new car owner. My first car in fact. 2022 Civic is in my sights. However given the current market conditions, I don't expect I'd get any discounts buying the car new or given it has just released. I've never driven a civic before, but I've been in a friend's 10th gen. I've also driven a Honda Accord (2019 or 2020 I don't remember exactly) on a Boston to NYC road trip.
I'd like to know the community thoughts on whether buying a civic 2022 would be a smart option or going for a used 2018-2020 Accord would make sense. If you have driven both cars, what was your experience and what would you recommend?
Sponsored

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Hi, I'm looking to be a new car owner. My first car in fact. 2022 Civic is in my sights. However given the current market conditions, I don't expect I'd get any discounts buying the car new or given it has just released. I've never driven a civic before, but I've been in a friend's 10th gen. I've also driven a Honda Accord (2019 or 2020 I don't remember exactly) on a Boston to NYC road trip.
I'd like to know the community thoughts on whether buying a civic 2022 would be a smart option or going for a used 2018-2020 Accord would make sense. If you have driven both cars, what was your experience and what would you recommend?
Seems like a bad time to buy a used car in general. Prices way too high. If you don't care about compactness (Accord is 8" longer than Civic sedan) and you value comfortable ride over handling, you could get a new 2021 Accord LX for less than a lot of versions of the new Civic. Maybe do an inventory search on newcars.com for cars in your area. Then ask for dealers to email you an "out the door" price quote. Good luck with it.

em804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX, 1996 TL
Well, you are on a forum that is dedicated to Honda Civics, so we're all going to recommend you get a Civic.

While you won't get any discount on a brand new Civic, buying a brand new Civic is better than buying a used Accord because of how inflated used car prices are. A two year old Accord with low mileage would usually be a better option than a brand new Civic. However, that two year old Accord is just as expensive, if not more expensive, than a brand new Civic. So if you're going to spend, I don't know, say $28k on 2022 Civic EX, or $28k to $30k on a two year old Accord, I'd say get a brand new Civic.
Sponsored