• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NorthernLaw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type-R Boost Blue
Remember guys the new Si (baby Type R)is learning from its bigger brother so It ditched the Heated seats ? thank God I'm in Florida though. It'll get me now and then as it'll be a downgrade in that aspect.
What are you trying to say here, the Type-R never had heated seats...

kevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Si (FC1)
Keeping my 10th gen Si, not worth it considering I buy (finance) my cars and IMO lease is not worth it financially. Especially since I got mine in 2018 (pre-pandemic, crazy prices) and it is a killer deal compared to today's market.

Edit; I Will reconsider once the 11th gen Type R has been out for 2-3 years and by then my current 10th gen will probably be around 200k miles anyway.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
If you guys had to pick one ….

new Si
Or
Sport Touring hatch
The LSD + bucket seats are huge advantages to the Si*. I'd still make sure to drive them both to see the difference could the ST hatch get close to the Si performance? probably not.

*I'm not a huge fan of leather, unless they're really nice, plus I love my current Si's bucket seats.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Should be around $38,000 CAD with Transport and PDI. Same price as an Accord Sport 1.5l.
Just like the Hatch, the SI will be a tough sell in Canada as it is now more expensive than the GTI and GLI. Even the BRZ is $2.5k less than the SI. If they also dropped heated seats in Canada then I don’t know what Honda was thinking.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
The LSD + bucket seats are huge advantages to the Si*. I'd still make sure to drive them both to see the difference could the ST hatch get close to the Si performance? probably not.

*I'm not a huge fan of leather, unless they're really nice, plus I love my current Si's bucket seats.
The hatchback is just a tune away from having as much power and if the 11th gen trend holds up, the SI may be slower than the 10th gen. Might not be the highest benchmark to surpass.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I'm happy with my Sport Touring Hatch, but then again, I want all the bells & whistles AND the CVT so the wife can drive it. Just glad they make so many variations of this car.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Still realistically priced given what everything else is. Back in ‘17… I got mine under invoice in the 23k-range. I have a bad feeling even if 27k is in-line with the times, finding cars under MSRP to say nothing about under invoice may be a challenge. Closer to 20k the Si was a great all around bang-for-the-buck car. Approaching 30k…? ? 30k sure doesn’t buy what is used to.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
This might be an unpopular opinion but WOW am I disappointed....

I've owned multiple Si including a 9th and 10th gen and a type-R. I never once in all those purchases felt like I was getting less than I should for my money. I already knew Honda was going to probably recycle the 10th gen for the 11th, add a few interior niceties and the price may go up a few hundred as it usually does.

But at a 2k + increase for a recycled generation with trade offs of you loose this but gain this....... What a joke. And in a world where MSRP is the norm on top of it all, it's wayyyyyy too much money for what they are giving you. Try to justify it however you want. After TTL "depending on your state" people will be spending almost 30k on a flipping 1.5T Si and that's if they can find one without stupid dealer added accessories.

Zero hate to anyone that wants one, if you have money to burn and this is how you enjoy burning it, more power to you. It's no different than going out to eat or on vacation, buy what makes you happy. I just hope nobody with a 10th gen trades in for an 11th. I'd be shopping for a BRZ or waiting for the WRX to be refreshed to fix the ugly personally.
I have to agree here. The Civic SI is now the same price as an Acura ILX. That alone shows something is wrong here.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
This is the absolute worst time to buy a car..but, the semi-good news is that bad economic times are around the corner + late next year there will be more competition in this segment.

But back to the upcoming bad economic times(23-25?), that's the time to buy the car you want. Also, might not want to just focus on MSRP or monthly payment. Look at how much you're spending on your current car each month in car payments, insurance, gas, maintenance, yearly registration. Find out what that number is and try to keep it the same or even smaller. If you have to save money for a year or two to reduce your total monthly bill you'll end up much happier with your purchase.

Do it smart, and do it on your own terms. Not anybody else's, especially the greedy dealership.

djlythium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
This is the absolute worst time to buy a car..but, the semi-good news is that bad economic times are around the corner + late next year there will be more competition in this segment.

But back to the upcoming bad economic times(23-25?), that's the time to buy the car you want. Also, might not want to just focus on MSRP or monthly payment. Look at how much you're spending on your current car each month in car payments, insurance, gas, maintenance, yearly registration. Find out what that number is and try to keep it the same or even smaller. If you have to save money for a year or two to reduce your total monthly bill you'll end up much happier with your purchase.

Do it smart, and do it on your own terms. Not anybody else's, especially the greedy dealership.
????????????????

Also, I wonder how many folks actually use the ‘cost of insurance’ as a negotiating tactic. I def do, and it’s always worked.

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
I'm not even mad about performance or whatever, but I don't want to lose heated seats or all the cupholder/console space that is essential on long drives.

From my 2020 Si, I'm gonna move on to the GR86 premium or whichever Integra trim gets two of the three: bigger engine/manual/AWD
Sponsored