• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
The time is near, let's go! Here's to hoping they announce anything of substance, and to inevitably being disappointed.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Hoping that it's not the exact same internals, turbo, fueling, and trans as the K20C1. Nothing wrong with the 10th gen, but it's a completely new model. They have a chance to iterate and improve, rather than slapping a fresh coat of paint on the same setup.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Someone has a 45k crypto wallet ready for this perfected mature CTR now that BTC has stopped crashing. It’s being revealed earlier than anticipated. All good. ?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
It’s not the world debut per say. It will be camouflaged up but some details about the engine will be revealed.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
My prediction is 336hp, bests current type Rs nurb ring time at 7:40 on the dot. More refined but less raw. Similar to the jump from the fk2 to the fk8. Probably not enough for a current R owner to upgrade but will be a better R in every way (maybe not in the styling department though).

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd actually be very surprised if they added much power at all. The FK8 can sometimes get a little squirrelly doing WOT pulls with a tune, and I can't see Honda tuning the new car in such a way as to add any torque steer. Since they're already on the cusp of what you can do with FWD and still maintain the factory driving dynamics, my bet is that they add a token 5 hp and tweak the suspension a bit (maybe adding additional positive caster and more factory camber).

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I'd actually be very surprised if they added much power at all. The FK8 can sometimes get a little squirrelly doing WOT pulls with a tune, and I can't see Honda tuning the new car in such a way as to add any torque steer. Since they're already on the cusp of what you can do with FWD and still maintain the factory driving dynamics, my bet is that they add a token 5 hp and tweak the suspension a bit (maybe adding additional positive caster and more factory camber).
Doesn’t matter. It’s looks alone are worth saying it’s WAY better

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Doesn’t matter. It’s looks alone are worth saying it’s WAY better
Obviously we haven’t seen it yet but looks are subjective and everyone has different tastes. I myself love the fk8 styling but I get it’s very polarizing. You either love it or hate it. The new R will be more mellow in styling so should appeal to a more broad audience but that alone doesn’t make a car better or worse.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Obviously we haven’t seen it yet but looks are subjective and everyone has different tastes. I myself love the fk8 styling but I get it’s very polarizing. You either love it or hate it. The new R will be more mellow in styling so should appeal to a more broad audience but that alone doesn’t make a car better or worse.
As someone who thought the 10 gen CTR was a bit too much especially in the rear. I can see how the 11th may have been a little too much a swing to a more conservative style. We won’t know until we see the final reveal but I can see myself maybe wishing there was a bit more to the styling of the prior gen. We will see…

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One improvement that I'm really hoping for is an improvement to the exhaust sound. There are some FK8 exhausts that have borderline acceptable sound, but none of them sound great. Not sure what can be done but there are certainly other headifold style engines that sound decent.
Sponsored