• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S2KJAY

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020FK8(sgp) ; 2020GL1800(base, matte blk)
If you zoom way in, you can see a little bump towards the front of the hood. It's about as wide as the upper grill opening; the camo hides it pretty well.
It’s actually not camo, it’s little Type R silhouettes and “R’s”..
Sponsored

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
It’s actually not camo, it’s little Type R silhouettes and “R’s”..
Son of a... I'm not nearly awake enough to notice that, but wow! lol

S2KJAY

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well anyway, gonna be super hard to get for now and super over priced so i won’t go through that again.. THANK god something that i value is craziness of the Type R.. thankfully this car doesn’t have that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Well anyway, gonna be super hard to get for now and super over priced so i won’t go through that again.. THANK god something that i value is craziness of the Type R.. thankfully this car doesn’t have that.
If Honda Japan felt like the 10th was too overstyled, that's fine. So they dialed back the funkiness on the 11th, ok, I get that.

But the Type R has always been the Civic that stood out, not just in performance, but in the way it looks. This new R looks too mundane IMO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
If Honda Japan felt like the 10th was too overstyled, that's fine. So they dialed back the funkiness on the 11th, ok, I get that.

But the Type R has always been the Civic that stood out, not just in performance, but in the way it looks. This new R looks too mundane IMO.
Not really. Looking at past JDM Type Rs, they’ve always incorporated subtle, functional styling. (DC2, EK9, DC5, FD2, )

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Finally a good wing! Sold!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
One thing to note is the color under the wrap is Championship White. Look at the sensors.

S2KJAY

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Agreed TOTALLY.. the new lineup for Civic in general I’m not crazy about.. very mature car for a more youthful, maybe immature audience.. i just don’t like it at all.. beautiful car, yes.. not hating.. but this gen Civic isn’t speaking to me-yet. Need to see the R without the type R wallpaper all over it.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
That and the 10th where the only ones that looked radically crazy. Personally love how they are doing the 11th Gen. It looks better design wise plus a lot of people just didn’t like the 10th Gen design from the prototype’s we saw even in the very beginning.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
You know what, I actually really like it. Like I’m pleasantly surprised. The base hatches look so boring but this actually has some flair. I’m really curious to know more specs and final pricing. The 10R is absolutely amazing and So far the 11R is on the right path.
Sponsored