• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T manual
10th gen guys will hate it but the vast majority will prefer the styling of the 11th gen to the 10th. Type R prior to the 9th and 10th gen has always been styled the opposite of radical. This is a welcome change.
Sponsored

K20Blazin

First Name
Channing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABM FC1 (daily)
10th gen guys will hate it but the vast majority will prefer the styling of the 11th gen to the 10th. Type R prior to the 9th and 10th gen has always been styled the opposite of radical. This is a welcome change.
It’s almost like some 10th gen owners feel like they have to hate it.

11th gen isn’t going to make the FK8 obsolete, or diminish it’s already astronomical value. The tenth gen will always be remembered as a polarizing work by the brand we all love, that put other brands on notice. No need to shun the new version in hopes of swaying everyone lol.

It’s ok, everyone gets a trophy….

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
That and the 10th where the only ones that looked radically crazy. Personally love how they are doing the 11th Gen. It looks better design wise plus a lot of people just didn’t like the 10th Gen design from the prototype’s we saw even in the very beginning.
Hmmm, popping over at CivicX.com and looking at 10th gen sales numbers might say otherwise.

I get it, there is a segment of people that hated the look of the 10th and thought it was over the top. But many others like me appreciated the playfulness of the design after so many gens of boring looking Civics.

I loved my 80's Integra and CRX but walked away from the brand when they started going conservative with their styling. The 10th brought me back.

The 11th isn't for me but if things go right with the new Integra, I may stick with Honda.

K20Blazin

First Name
Channing
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABM FC1 (daily)
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 1633354236126

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 1633354292124

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 1633354344106

Surely these two mule cars don’t share the same rear fender flares/arches? They seem a lot more pronounced on the black/white test car as opposed to the one in these new pics from Honda.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
1633354236126.jpeg

1633354292124.jpeg

1633354344106.jpeg

Surely these two mule cars don’t share the same rear fender flares/arches? They seem a lot more pronounced on the black/white test car as opposed to the one in these new pics from Honda.
I think the white ones were proto-proto types with slapped/glued on fenders. The red one seems to be closer to production ready.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
1633354236126.jpeg

1633354292124.jpeg

1633354344106.jpeg

The white camouflage one is a Prototype which essentially just has all the mechanical aspects but not all the appearance to go with it. The red one looks like it’s closer to Pre Production status.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Something tells me this 11th type r will never have fearsome look of the 10th gen ctr , will be the car for those that want a bland looking car hope after the camo it will look much better , i saw a vid with the sport hatch has the same looking spoiler its a honda accessory and it doesn’t look nice at all

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Hmmm, popping over at CivicX.com and looking at 10th gen sales numbers might say otherwise.

I get it, there is a segment of people that hated the look of the 10th and thought it was over the top. But many others like me appreciated the playfulness of the design after so many gens of boring looking Civics.

I loved my 80's Integra and CRX but walked away from the brand when they started going conservative with their styling. The 10th brought me back.

The 11th isn't for me but if things go right with the new Integra, I may stick with Honda.
I get the CTR sold a lot and even with Markups I’m surprised it still did. Integra will more then likely be the way to go with how it’s styled and performance wise. It’s going to look more aggressive I’m almost certain of it.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport

11th gen isn’t going to make the FK8 obsolete, or diminish it’s already astronomical value. The tenth gen will always be remembered as a polarizing work by the brand we all love, that put other brands on notice. No need to shun the new version in hopes of swaying everyone lol.

This happens every generation. I’m actually liking the new R look so far. When I had a 9gen Si and the 10gens came out I hated it and now here I am after owning 2 10gens lol. Kinda dawned on me how people seem to get defensive when a new better Car model comes out and now you feel the need to defend your purchase.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR

I don’t think it’s that. I personally just don’t care for it. Honda approached the design of this car completely different than the 10th gen. I mean they’re on two completely different ends of the spectrum. It’s only natural youre gonna have a love it or hate it relationship with it. Usually whatever the journalists like, car people feel opposite. You hear so much hate about the design yet when you’re in the real world people absolutely love the look of the car and are willing to pay crazy prices for it. The people who prefer the 10th gen, such as myself, like the wild, crazy design Honda went with the 10th gen. As it stands, the look is pretty boring imo. Yea they made some improvements with getting rid of the fake vents, but overall the design is meh. Maybe it will look better once revealed or in person or maybe it will grow on me and the other 10 gen owners over time.

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
With exactly the same driveline, longer wheelbase, maybe worse aero. I’d be very surprise if the 11th gen outperform the 10th gen CTR in the Ring. The 10th gen front suspension plus lsd is nearly perfect for fwd vehicle. I don’t think honda can break the record unless the updated K20C1 makes significantly more power, which I doubt.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Those side mirrors on the 11th they so big and stick to much

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
This happens every generation. I’m actually liking the new R look so far. When I had a 9gen Si and the 10gens came out I hated it and now here I am after owning 2 10gens lol. Kinda dawned on me how people seem to get defensive when a new better Car model comes out and now you feel the need to defend your purchase.
Do me a favor. Check out my profile and threads at CivicX. I genuinely love the 10th. I don't feel I'm being defensive. I honestly just don't care for the look of the 11th.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
With exactly the same driveline, longer wheelbase, maybe worse aero. I’d be very surprise if the 11th gen outperform the 10th gen CTR in the Ring. The 10th gen front suspension plus lsd is nearly perfect for fwd vehicle. I don’t think honda can break the record unless the updated K20C1 makes significantly more power, which I doubt.
I can guarantee it’ll outperform the fk8 on the ring. It’s literally been hondas thing to develop a faster car (for the ring) every generation.
Like, why would they even tease about testing it on the ring if they weren’t confident about its performance…