• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
This car needs to be seen in real time , pics make it to bland just looks like a regular hatch with big wheels a spoiler that looks kind of detached from the rear hatch and side skirts are to thin just my opinion , people may say the 10th is to much but then many put even por extensión and other bits making it worse i mean what is the issue then .
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
Still think it looks bland as bland can be.
Honda must be extremely Afraid to show some fun in their designs these days.
Almost reminds me of a Dodge Dart from the rear.

FK8 had a unashamed attitude about it.
This new CTR, well. Accord with a Wing.
Why bother man
We get it, you don’t like the 11th gen. Why bother posting the same “accord with a wing” punchline on every thread?

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
For me personally I fell like the XI Gen Type Rs looks have been to toned down way to much. don't get me wrong I think this is an OK looking car, it's just not my cup of tea. as the owner of an EK an FN2 and and FK8 the Type R has always been about the boy racer. its part of the the Type R heritage and how they become popular among gangs and street racers in Japan.

It looks to much like an American car now and has lost some of it crazy Japanese flare. it looks like they took allot of styling ques from the Dodge Charger. firstly the bonnet line no longer has that sporty downward slop towards the front and is more flat like most American muscle cars. the head and tail lights look very similar in design to the Charger. as this model is the first to be built in the US, I would have to say that it is now an American Type R.

01 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo.jpg

2021-Dodge-Charger-Hellcat-Redeye-8.jpg

02 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo.jpg

hennessey-charger-grey-530px-home.jpg
I do see the charger yeah ?
Gotta say….I’m diggin this new CTR the more I see it. ??‍♂

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The Charger comparison is so lazy. Just because they have similarly shaped head and tail lights. Look at the rest of the design.
The Stinger and certain Maseratis also have similar rear lights. I'm not sure anyone would mistake the Civic for any of those, haha. That said, I did always think the Accord front end was quite similar to the Charger, due to the prominent blacked-out front end section.

Like someone mentioned before, I'm kinda getting R34 vibes from the Civic's headlights. I wonder what this car would look like in midnight purple ?

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Best and most sure way to know how this car will look against the 10th gen is once its out right next to it in real time

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Still think it looks bland as bland can be.
Honda must be extremely Afraid to show some fun in their designs these days.
Almost reminds me of a Dodge Dart from the rear.

FK8 had a unashamed attitude about it.
This new CTR, well. Accord with a Wing.
Why bother man
That's the beauty of life...you can have your FK8 and we can have ours.

Better and worst are just arbitrary. Respect is essential in life!

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
I am extremely excited about the changes we know about thus far. I will be looking to upgrade in the future. I really hope my Titan 7 wheels will fit on the new one.

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
I also hope Honda considers a touring trim with the same seats but leather. Also heated seats and steering wheel. 18s from the factory would be nice too.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Tig ol' flared wheel arches on an otherwise "normal" looking car always gets my juices flowing.. somewhat similar to the 2 generations of M3's before the current beaver grille gen. If someone offered me a FREE type r right now but I had to pick between 10th and 11th gen it would be a pretty tough choice between aggressive lines and more subtle curves. Not sure about the new wing thing though...

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
I'll be curious to see how it performs when the final car is released. I'm eager to see how the handling differs from the FK8 with this new body design. I also wonder what improvements they made over other aspects from the engine to the stereo.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Also heated seats...
I've lived in cold and warm climates, and I'd vastly prefer ventilated seats. A sweaty bum (and back) to me are far worse than being a bit chilly. Plus, ventilated seats are the best after working out ?

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Tig ol' flared wheel arches on an otherwise "normal" looking car always gets my juices flowing.. somewhat similar to the 2 generations of M3's before the current beaver grille gen. If someone offered me a FREE type r right now but I had to pick between 10th and 11th gen it would be a pretty tough choice between aggressive lines and more subtle curves. Not sure about the new wing thing though...
I wish they went a little bit more aggressive with the fenders which would of helped with the side profile of the car. I like the changes made to the front and rear bumper. I would probably pick the FK8 if I had to choose right now due to me preferring the interior of the 10th gen more, but I'm really interested to see it in person. Who knows it might change once the reveal happens.
Sponsored