• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

alTypeR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ND2, 2022 CRV
Indeed, just want to find out a concrete and standardized answer.

Should a lottery system be true, does that mean Honda Canada will have a dedicated page for “ordering” that will sell out of allocations in 3 minutes or less?
I think someone (Honda Employee) on the forum had said for people with deposits the dealers are going to add them on the reservation site and the deposit amount mention was $1000 (that was the amount I paid for my deposit at the GTA dealer) and would be refundable. I wouldn’t lose hope yet as didn’t the Honda Canada PR guy say nothing is set in stone yet. So hopefully something official will come from Honda Canada soon. There is always the Type S.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
There was one 450+ and one over 500 i believe on the youtube videos. Mostly dealer cars.

Its irrelevant though. Some tweets, a YouTube and 311 hinted production was doing better than expected. Yesterdays info is unsubstantiated. Well see how it plays out.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
There was one 450+ and one over 500 i believe on the youtube videos. Mostly dealer cars.

Its irrelevant though. Some tweets, a YouTube and 311 hinted production was doing better than expected. Yesterdays info is unsubstantiated. Well see how it plays out.
I’d be willing to bet the number on some sitting at the port are well over 1,000.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I’d be willing to bet the number on some sitting at the port are well over 1,000.
I agree. Many are taking delivery in Japan so at a minimum over 800-900. I would not be suprised if Honda pulls a rabbit out of the hat on this one. A lot wrong with a lotto in Canada though if they choose that route. Im a purist, produce the cars for the people that took the time to get in line best they could and will be future customers.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Didn't Chrysler do a FCFS on their website for the 2023 300C for US and CA? I recall part of the online reservation form was selecting which dealer you wanted to work with. I think from there, you would negotiate with the dealer, put down a deposit, and the signed paperwork would go to Chrysler to complete the reservation. It was all facilitated on the Chrysler website.

The one thing I wasn't sure of was the OTD price. I didn't see anything about it being MSRP only plus TTL. At the time when I was looking out of curiosity, I also couldn't find information about switching dealerships. Like if you picked one and during negotiations a dealer asked for an insane markup (not sure if they were restrained by Chrysler in some way), if there was an option to select another dealer.

Someone can correct me if my memory of the 300C process was incorrect.

I wonder if Honda can do something similar for the FL5 in the US.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I saw a 5xx on YouTube.

I'll start screenshots when I see stuff.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Didn't Chrysler do a FCFS on their website for the 2023 300C for US and CA? I recall part of the online reservation form was selecting which dealer you wanted to work with. I think from there, you would negotiate with the dealer, put down a deposit, and the signed paperwork would go to Chrysler to complete the reservation. It was all facilitated on the Chrysler website.

The one thing I wasn't sure of was the OTD price. I didn't see anything about it being MSRP only plus TTL. At the time when I was looking out of curiosity, I also couldn't find information about switching dealerships. Like if you picked one and during negotiations a dealer asked for an insane markup (not sure if they were restrained by Chrysler in some way), if there was an option to select another dealer.

Someone can correct me if my memory of the 300C process was incorrect.

I wonder if Honda can do something similar for the FL5 in the US.
That would negate already established deposits and placement based on FCFS - some of which started last year and mine in early April. Basically saying “I know you worked your ass off to find a dealer that you could agree to terms with and put a deposit down but it doesn’t mean anything because we are going to start all over”. F that…. That would have been a plausible option if they informed it last fall.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
And this is why someone near these ports needs to go take some pictures, something better than that whack instagram post, where they couldn’t stop focusing on the fence. Lol
Sponsored