• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I am just so torn. It seems the odds of getting one for MSRP are getting very slim, so I hate to wait another 6 months only to have to buy something else when I could have bought something this whole time.
Let the rabid type r lust take over like it did to me….don’t fight it…

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1653079329033
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Man I want one, but if I can't get one for whatever the MSRP will be (supposedly 40Kish) I'll walk and get something else.

Sold me 2020 to get this, but beyond 45K there are to many other cars I'd buy.

GhostRai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru BRZ
Just spoke with the sales director at my local dealership (I'm in the Montreal area in Canada). Apparently I'd be the first one in line but they're a relatively smaller dealership that expects only 1 per year (maaaaybe 2 every now and then). So far this is how they've described the ordering process:
- Place $500 refundable deposit for place in line
- Once details/pricing is announced we can discuss options/colours/pricing
- Once orders/allocations open, they would place my "order" with Honda Canada.

I presume the last step is more of a "here's our preference" more so than an exact order. Either way this is good news for me. I'll likely pass on the first Type R they get in anyways since it'll likely be too early for when I plan on buying (I'm aiming for early 2024), but at least it'll mean I'm first in line for whenever I'm ready!
Interesting, at my dealership in BC, I placed a $1000 refundable deposit and when I told them I wanted Championship White, they wrote down "white preferred" on the invoice sheet but didn't have any idea on how the "ordering process" would work either. My realistic guess is that you'd just have first pick of whatever colours arrive to their dealer since I'm not sure factory ordering is going to be a thing anymore (especially during these supply shortages)?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Interesting, at my dealership in BC, I placed a $1000 refundable deposit and when I told them I wanted Championship White, they wrote down "white preferred" on the invoice sheet but didn't have any idea on how the "ordering process" would work either. My realistic guess is that you'd just have first pick of whatever colours arrive to their dealer since I'm not sure factory ordering is going to be a thing anymore (especially during these supply shortages)?
This is how it’s been described to me as well. I think its all allocated now and the dealer gets what it gets and can’t select color.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Oh yeah it's definitely not a real order. My understanding is dealerships can tell Honda what they would "prefer" to receive as an allocation, but at the end of the day Honda decides what's made and what's sent.

I fully expect to just have the dealership call me each time they get a Type R allocated and ask me if the colour/options they're receiving this time is the one I want.

OvrBstN

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport, 1995 Civic EX, 2021 CRV EXL
Hi all, Just put my deposit on one today. Had to call several dealers this week but, I found a dealer that had not taken any deposits yet!

I purchase a 2022 sport hatch when they started shipping and have been very impressed with the 11th gen so far.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
FYI - I’ve been told (for at least one dealership) that the type R is arriving to them in September.
The dealer who has my deposit also says Sept.

I am 2nd in line but they only got 1 of 2021 and 2020. and a couple 2019-2017. Maybe I'm in for a long wait :(

Last edited:

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I'm in Canada, called up the dealer where I'm on the list in Oakville. Some takeaways...

- They're expecting 4 cars this year based on previous years (or maybe for this model year...didn't clarify)
- They have 15 people on the list now
- Cars get allocated one by one, not all in the beginning, which makes it a tough decision because of next point
- Colors randomly assigned to dealer like others have said, they'll go down the list till someone takes that color
- No timelines from them right now (said Honda hasn't told them anything yet)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Hi all, Just put my deposit on one today. Had to call several dealers this week but, I found a dealer that had not taken any deposits yet!

I purchase a 2022 sport hatch when they started shipping and have been very impressed with the 11th gen so far.
Awesome, I just purchased a touring sedan with initial build date in July but got the call that it’s already been built!

If all goes as planned ill have a garage with a touring sedan and a type R by next spring!

ququdaxiami

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shen
Talked to Honda in QLD Australia today and they wanted me to put 1000 deposit. They believe that the new CTR at 70000 AUD is bit over the top but around 65000 is reasonable...

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
If it is refundable (as it should be) I say DO IT. No one knows true MSRP yet, if it turns out to be out of your range than at least you get your deposit back...but if it isn't you get a Type R! Win-Win

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
If it is refundable (as it should be) I say DO IT. No one knows true MSRP yet, if it turns out to be out of your range than at least you get your deposit back...but if it isn't you get a Type R! Win-Win
That was the logic behind my deposit as well! $500 refundable deposit that if it ends up in my expected price range I'll be thrilled! If not well... Let's just say I might also be on a waitlist for the GR Corolla/GR86 as well hahaha.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
That was the logic behind my deposit as well! $500 refundable deposit that if it ends up in my expected price range I'll be thrilled! If not well... Let's just say I might also be on a waitlist for the GR Corolla/GR86 as well hahaha.
I hear ya! I actually turned down my GR86 allocation, was supposed to arrive this month but I didn’t want another 2 door sports car, I sold my previous BRZ not because of power but lack of space (2 kids) and it ended up sitting more than it was used. Thinking about throwing my name on a GR Corolla as well.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I hear ya! I actually turned down my GR86 allocation, was supposed to arrive this month but I didn’t want another 2 door sports car, I sold my previous BRZ not because of power but lack of space (2 kids) and it ended up sitting more than it was used. Thinking about throwing my name on a GR Corolla as well.
Yeah I hear you on the space issue. I don't plan on having kids (wife and I decided we're gonna be the cool aunt and uncle) but would still like to have a practical car if possible since it'll likely be my last ICE car that I'll keep for a crazy long time. But at the end of the day if both the CTR and GRC end up out of my budget then the space issue is doable and I'll settle for the GR86.
Sponsored