• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The whole lack of clarity thing is starting to piss me off. Someone is lying or Honda doesn’t know how to coordinate and communicate effectively.
I'd bet on the former.

For the record, dealers I've been in contact with are in the top 5 in the country by sales (according to them). They tell me they have no info that I don't already have.

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
How the fk do they know how many they are getting when other dealers have no idea?
This ☝🏼 There’s just so much uncertainty…but I know we will keep up the good fight! And be prepared to pay a lot of money if you want one of the first ones 🤷🏻‍♂️

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
I'm a bit confused on how exactly allocations work in the US market - any insight would be appreciated (based on experiences with looking for FK8s in the past). for example, the dealers that are taking deposits now told me they require a deposit before "ordering" the vehicle (which I assume means a lotto for an allocation when that ordeal begins). though i would rather not put a deposit down if i'm told upfront that i'll be paying an insane markup.

I know it doesn't work like this precisely and it's still very early given that we're still waiting on the critical details, but theoretically why can't i just go to a smaller dealer that wouldn't mark up too much, put a fat deposit down and sign some paperwork, and then have an order made when they are available for ordering?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ w recent models, dealers have been given allocations and can try to maneuver color but can’t always do it. I dont think any dealers know their allocations because Honda seems to like to slow drip shit…

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm a bit confused on how exactly allocations work in the US market - any insight would be appreciated (based on experiences with looking for FK8s in the past). for example, the dealers that are taking deposits now told me they require a deposit before "ordering" the vehicle (which I assume means a lotto for an allocation when that ordeal begins). though i would rather not put a deposit down if i'm told upfront that i'll be paying an insane markup.

I know it doesn't work like this precisely and it's still very early given that we're still waiting on the critical details, but theoretically why can't i just go to a smaller dealer that wouldn't mark up too much, put a fat deposit down and sign some paperwork, and then have an order made when they are available for ordering?
If the past is any sign of the future....

Every dealer will get a least one for the model year. A dealer can get more depending on the volume of Civics that they sell. (It's actually more complex than that but that simple answer works for this discussion).

So in my experience they drop a Type R on you. The color is the color except for 2021 it seemed I could influence that. So you're still getting an R dropped on you but what color would you want when it happens. That was nice because my customer wanted a specific color and wasn't interested in another.

Then later in the year they asked if we wanted additional vehicles and we said yes. (More complex than this but for this discussion). So one of those vehicles ended up being a Type R.

That is our small store experience. Hope it helps.

That said... Everyone should really be patient. There have been downs and few ups inventory wise. I keep saying this but it is difficult to have a CR-V for someone let alone a Type R.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
If the past is any sign of the future....

Every dealer will get a least one for the model year. A dealer can get more depending on the volume of Civics that they sell. (It's actually more complex than that but that simple answer works for this discussion).

So in my experience they drop a Type R on you. The color is the color except for 2021 it seemed I could influence that. So you're still getting an R dropped on you but what color would you want when it happens. That was nice because my customer wanted a specific color and wasn't interested in another.

Then later in the year they asked if we wanted additional vehicles and we said yes. (More complex than this but for this discussion). So one of those vehicles ended up being a Type R.

That is our small store experience. Hope it helps.

That said... Everyone should really be patient. There have been downs and few ups inventory wise. I keep saying this but it is difficult to have a CR-V for someone let alone a Type R.
This is good info, but you know most of us are way past being patient lol. My dealer told me they have no idea, but they’re a high volume dealer and did say, based on past FK8’s they got, and the fact they got an LE, they expect to get 2-3 per year. Could change, but that’s what they expect to happen.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This is good info, but you know most of us are way past being patient lol. My dealer told me they have no idea, but they’re a high volume dealer and did say, based on past FK8’s they got, and the fact they got an LE, they expect to get 2-3 per year. Could change, but that’s what they expect to happen.
Their logic is sound to me...

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah and I’ve heard everything from some saying by the end of September, to dealers saying by next spring.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah and I’ve heard everything from some saying by the end of September, to dealers saying by next spring.
It's limited production. They of course will not drop all at once. The '23 model year is about to start.

Typical Honda fashion is that the new model year will stay consistent in the generation.

So some people may get their '23 Type R this time next year.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Not that this means anything, but I spoke with one of my dealers today and they feel confident that Sept 1, they will be given their VIN for allocations. I take anything anyone says with a grain of salt, but at least it’s something to hope for.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Not that this means anything, but I spoke with one of my dealers today and they feel confident that Sept 1, they will be given their VIN for allocations. I take anything anyone says with a grain of salt, but at least it’s something to hope for.
Everyone on this thread’s dealer is now getting a call September 1 😂