• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Just called Coggins Honda in Orlando. They told me that the latest info they have is that there is only 200 CTRs coming to the US before the end of the year and they were only getting 1.

They said that they are the 5th largest CTR dealership for sales in the country and one of the largest Civic sellers.
It’s true they do heavy volume, they’ll definitely have one and they’ll definitely charge $15k+ over
Sponsored

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1663203390260

JDM already has more than 400 units made, almost the entire Canada market 3 years allocation.☹

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
It’s true they do heavy volume, they’ll definitely have one and they’ll definitely charge $15k+ over
They told me that the markup would be between $3k -$10k

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
They told me that the markup would be between $3k -$10k
They had their LE at $25k and normal FK8’s were $10-15k.

Best believe minimum $15k and I’m sure they have a long list

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
1663203390260.png

JDM already has more than 400 units made, almost the entire Canada market 3 years allocation.☹
They have way more than that, I’d venture close to 1,000. A crap load of dealer cars were made and now buyers are taking delivery. I think the monthy run is waay understated.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Just called Coggins Honda in Orlando. They told me that the latest info they have is that there is only 200 CTRs coming to the US before the end of the year and they were only getting 1.

They said that they are the 5th largest CTR dealership for sales in the country and one of the largest Civic sellers.
I don’t buy this for 2 seconds. 200 doesn’t make sense at all.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Also, if they know then shouldn’t most or all dealers know their allocation as well. I’d assume all that information is uploaded into the system at the same time.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I don’t buy this for 2 seconds. 200 doesn’t make sense at all.
hmm,
maybe if they said only 50 were coming in before the end of year, they can ask $50k adm?

EDIT: i.e. spreading false/made up low # to drive up mark-up?
but of course, it can also be true. hope # higher than 200 tho.

Last edited:

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
50 times...it's more like just over 2.5 times the size (from a population stand point).
I don't think Honda cares how much demand their is. This is the CTR swan song and after this it will be full EV.

Toyota with the current GR line up is looking this different (and absolutely killing it) trying to get out as many sports cars (variants at least) before the end with the fourth in works...possible MR2 revival, along with Ford doubling down and putting another V8 in the new Mustang.

Honda just wants the last CTTR to be Japan built and cater to their market, we should be lucky were are even getting any all.

I mean its all speculation of course but I am in the camp that thinks at least in the first year or two numbers will be be far less than what we all original thought.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ there is a lot of speculation on this board to the downside but recent production combined with info from Japan that Honda may produce way more with demand is a good sign. Someone posted the article / blog but cant find it. For the first time im thinking Honda surprises us. Everyone has drank cold water and set the bar so low its enough to cause a permanent case of melancholy. The bar is sow low that Honda will step over it - its all upside now…

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
If it's correct that US is getting 200 by year end then Canada would only see like 20. Not what I want to hear. I've waited a full year since deposit now. Since I'm #2, I guess I'll still have no car for half a year at this rate. :(

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If it's correct that US is getting 200 by year end then Canada would only see like 20. Not what I want to hear. I've waited a full year since deposit now. Since I'm #2, I guess I'll still have no car for half a year at this rate. :(
Thats the low bar im talking about. Let it play out.
Sponsored