• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
yeh, all of the R engines are built in Ohio and shipped to JPN. Kinda seems like a logistics nightmare. I'd think everything being built single location would make a more streamlined production.
Anna provides more engines globally than any other Honda plant. So, this is normal operation for Honda despite how backwards it appears to us.
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
GT4 RS or Z06 are going to win in my opinion.

If I were to question either of them it would be because they are both not manual.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
People have come out and said it's the best Porsche ever. The best modern Porsche ever. The best performance car ever. Once in a life time car.

It is only my high expectations of the Z06 that give me pause... Oh and it isn't manual... Maybe the Z06 isn't either.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
People have come out and said it's the best Porsche ever. The best modern Porsche ever. The best performance car ever. Once in a life time car.

It is only my high expectations of the Z06 that give me pause... Oh and it isn't manual... Maybe the Z06 isn't either.
The GT4 RS will be worth a small fortune. It’s literally the ideal Porsche in ever way. The only reason it hasn’t been built before was they didn’t want it cannibalizing the 911. Since the Cayman’s are going electric they wanted to build the car they always knew they should. Good for them and good for the lucky bastards that will get to own them.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
058A8F3A-CE4E-4DAF-AB2B-DD2FAED15DE5.png

that fl5 appears to have a window sticker on it…
Pretty sure, in those previous pictures of FL5s in port, they had those small window stickers on them, but they looked to just have serial numbers etc.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Those are the shipping scanner labels, but those are smaller than that and usually sit in the bottom left corner

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
For those concerned about alcantara steering wheels. My 2016 GT4 has it. I love it. Every two to three months I clean it with a stiff plastic bristle brush, using warm water and a drop of soap (hand soap is fine). Lather into the fabric, then wipe with a clean damp cloth, then dry with a clean large towel.
The alcantara is in perfect condition after 42,000kms.
Of course if you never clean it, properly, it will get gross.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R; 2018 Honda Accord EX-L
Anna provides more engines globally than any other Honda plant. So, this is normal operation for Honda despite how backwards it appears to us.
This isn't a change. The FK8 engines were built at the Anna plant and shipped to Swindon.
As you said, this is normal Honda operation.
Sponsored