• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Price increase coming in Canada October 1.

Call was about Civic but might be other models as well.
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I got in touch with my sales rep a couple of days ago. Still no hard answers but he said that they're expecting MY2023 Civics in November and that the Type R might be among them.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Not sure if this has been posted or not so Iā€™ll leave this right here:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Ok, so I was thinking about those cars sitting in Redmond, CA. To anyone that knows, what happens once those cars are here? What is the process for taking a parking lot full of cars, and figuring out where to send them? And how long would it be normal for cars to sit somewhere like that before being shipped out?

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Ok, so I was thinking about those cars sitting in Redmond, CA. To anyone that knows, what happens once those cars are here? What is the process for taking a parking lot full of cars, and figuring out where to send them? And how long would it be normal for cars to sit somewhere like that before being shipped out?
Hopefully not too long. The only thing that has me worried is that my Golf R sat in port for months last year. I think those things started arriving in the USA late October/early November of ā€˜21? (Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.) However, after arrival they sat in port for months. I didnā€™t get mine until February of this year (First Golf R the dealership received). It sat for months at port. I told them I didnā€™t want it detailed (for obvious reasons) and when I first saw it, it was incredibly filthy. Definitely had that look of ā€œhasnā€™t moved in monthsā€ haha. Hopefully this will be more logistically favorable!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Hopefully not too long. The only thing that has me worried is that my Golf R sat in port for months last year. I think those things started arriving in the USA late October/early November of ā€˜21? (Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong.) However, after arrival they sat in port for months. I didnā€™t get mine until February of this year (First Golf R the dealership received). It sat for months at port. I told them I didnā€™t want it detailed (for obvious reasons) and when I first saw it, it was incredibly filthy. Definitely had that look of ā€œhasnā€™t moved in monthsā€ haha. Hopefully this will be more logistically favorable!
yes they sat in ports for months because for VW to allow every dealer had to have least one before going on sale.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Richmond, California is where Honda import/exports a good bit.

Those cars will ride by rail to to other holding yards/port across the country. From there they will ride by truck to the dealers.

Just a guess. Honda will have enough to cover most the dealer body at whatever date they choose for the on sale date. Maybe others will trickle in shortly after.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

Those cars will ride by rail to to other holding yards/port across the country. From there they will ride by truck to the dealers.

Just a guess. Honda will have enough to cover most the dealer body at whatever date they choose for the on sale date. Maybe others will trickle in shortly after.
At least itā€™s good to know cars are arriving, however slow it may be, because for a while, people on here doubted cars would even ship until Oct-Nov, and stated that could take 45+ days, just to get here. So, I take this as a small victory. Even though Honda is being completely silent currently, things going on in the background look promising.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
At least itā€™s good to know cars are arriving, however slow it may be, because for a while, people on here doubted cars would even ship until Oct-Nov, and stated that could take 45+ days, just to get here. So, I take this as a small victory. Even though Honda is being completely silent currently, things going on in the background look promising.
You can count me in that camp that doubted it.

It takes 45ish or so days to get from Japan to a dealer. These are no different I don't think.

Something will come out sooner than later I'm guessing.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
You can count me in that camp that doubted it.

It takes 45ish or so days to get from Japan to a dealer. These are no different I don't think.

Something will come out sooner than later I'm guessing.
I personally donā€™t see cars hitting dealers until sometime in November either, Iā€™m just glad they arenā€™t beginning the shipping process from Japan, in November.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I personally donā€™t see cars hitting dealers until sometime in November either, Iā€™m just glad they arenā€™t beginning the shipping process from Japan, in November.
At this point I'm more concerned about getting a color I want. Wrapping wasn't something I was thinking about doing.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Thankfully, the US railroad strike was averted.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
If the cars pictured in Port Richmond are for customer consumption, they will be at dealerships within 2-4 weeks. Those parking lots aren't storage areas and the only reason to deliberately stop them from moving through the port system would be a quality hold. Maybe if Honda considers their failure to share information a quality issue, they can keep the cars in limbo? hah.

I do wonder if they're still pre-prod/press cars but that is wayyyy too many cars for that purpose alone.
Sponsored