• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If the cars pictured in Port Richmond are for customer consumption, they will be at dealerships within 2-4 weeks. Those parking lots aren't storage areas and the only reason to deliberately stop them from moving through the port system would be a quality hold. Maybe if Honda considers their failure to share information a quality issue, they can keep the cars in limbo? hah.

I do wonder if they're still pre-prod/press cars but that is wayyyy too many cars for that purpose alone.
I like your optimism.

I wouldn't discount Honda having these vehicles remain at holding yards until they have enough for a "launch..."

Total guess though.
Sponsored

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
I showed my salesman the California port photos at the dealership with my deposit and he guessed that these vehicles are for higher ups at Honda to drive around before actual release. The manager checked all the major ports in the US and absolutely nothing is showing in the system. (Talked to them about an hour ago.) Sooooo who knows at this point haha! šŸ˜‚

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I showed my salesman the California port photos at the dealership with my deposit and he guessed that these vehicles are for higher ups at Honda to drive around before actual release. The manager checked all the major ports in the US and absolutely nothing is showing in the system. (Talked to them about an hour ago.) Sooooo who knows at this point haha! šŸ˜‚
pretty sure they don't have to ablity to see cars at ports, only other dealers. Honestly most of what the stealership says is hot air. Trust me when I say, we know about the car way more than some salesman does.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Dealers see what is allocated to them.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
They are unable to see cars at the port. Right now even though the cars are in Richmond they do not appear on any dealerships internal network. They wonā€™t appear until an official launch or very close to it. Honda is also stockpiling cars so that they can be distributed in relatively the same time across the country. They donā€™t want to end up with a situation where western dealerships have them on the floor, and other parts of the country donā€™t have them as well.

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
They are unable to see cars at the port. Right now even though the cars are in Richmond they do not appear on any dealerships internal network. They wonā€™t appear until an official launch or very close to it. Honda is also stockpiling cars so that they can be distributed in relatively the same time across the country. They donā€™t want to end up with a situation where western dealerships have them on the floor, and other parts of the country donā€™t have them as well.

Awesome, thank you for the feedback. So we need a little over a thousand on hand for each dealership in America to get at least one car. (Thatā€™s assuming that each dealership will get at least one car). Waiting on other spy shots from other ports across the country!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Awesome, thank you for the feedback. So we need a little over a thousand on hand for each dealership in America to get at least one car. (Thatā€™s assuming that each dealership will get at least one car). Waiting on other spy shots from other ports across the country!
I feel like someone needs to check back in with that port, and see if the numbers are growing, and if so, how quickly.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Donā€™t think each will get one. One of my local dealers is pretty small. Iā€™ve called them 2-3 times over the last 6 months, and every time they say ā€œwe donā€™t get Type Rā€™sā€.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Donā€™t think each will get one. One of my local dealers is pretty small. Iā€™ve called them 2-3 times over the last 6 months, and every time they say ā€œwe donā€™t get Type Rā€™sā€.
Yeah, when I started looking into this back in January, I talked with a handful of dealers, in small towns/areas, outside Dallas, who literally laughed when I asked them about getting a Type R.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Yeah, when I started looking into this back in January, I talked with a handful of dealers, in small towns/areas, outside Dallas, who literally laughed when I asked them about getting a Type R.
Same lol. Hoping theyā€™ll send some of these higher volume dealers 2-3 initially.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Same lol. Hoping theyā€™ll send some of these higher volume dealers 2-3 initially.
That was my next question. Donā€™t think every dealer will get one. There are 1071 US Honda dealers and 350 cities over 100,000 people. Some of those obviously have more than one Honda dealership, so the question isā€¦ how many cars will they need before they begin distribution?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
That was my next question. Donā€™t think every dealer will get one. There are 1071 US Honda dealers and 350 cities over 100,000 people. Some of those obviously have more than one Honda dealership, so the question isā€¦ how many cars will they need before they begin distribution?
Some dude on here kept saying 40-60% (I think was the number) of dealers would get them. So if thatā€™s the case, I guess 400-600 cars.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
yup,
I've contacted the dealer I got my FK8 from in New Mexico, which is now under different ownership.
Sales said they probably won't get a Type R.
They even had to trade with different dealer to get an SI.
Those calling Desert Sun Honda may get the above answer.
Sponsored