• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Based on what I remember from the FK8 release, there seem to be more FL5s sitting in showroom floors in comparison to this time during the FK8 release. The 10k difference in price between the 2017 FK8 and the 2023 FL5 doesn't bode well for the FL5 but I didn't expect this many to go unsold already.

Alot more FL dealerships were getting $20k-$30k over on the FK8 than the FL5. Cali has 20 FL5s unsold. 2 days into them being on the ground, Cali had maybe 2-3 on the ground and the FK8 was way more readily available.
Everyone's hurting with all this inflation. As happy as I am for those who already got their FL5s, regardless of markup, I'm glad that many are holding out for more reasonable asks from dealerships
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Car coming to Memphis, TN. Sales guy says my car is still in Richmond 😤. Figured it would show a delivery date since southeast seems to be getting next week delivery dates.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Thank you for the positivity. Great advice, not worth the financial burden. I will try again next year and hope to land one for a fair price. I just hope each dealer will get more than 1 a year.
No problem. Most of my experience on these forums have been positive and it seems like a group of people willing to go the extra mile and help out a fellow fan. If I notice anything pop up for cheaper I won't hestitate to contact you.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Glad to see that there are some that are patient like me on these type rs. Love the car and plan on getting one but anything higher than a 5k markup just ain't it man. Happy to see people starting to get their type rs but I know that the market will go down at some point next year and it will be great only having to pay msrp (or close to it) for the car.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Taurus LX
I doubt that any dealer charging an adm off the bat will charge msrp anytime soon until we get a better understanding of the production rate

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Glad to see that there are some that are patient like me on these type rs. Love the car and plan on getting one but anything higher than a 5k markup just ain't it man. Happy to see people starting to get their type rs but I know that the market will go down at some point next year and it will be great only having to pay msrp (or close to it) for the car.
Yeah the fact that you can call a dealership and have one available right now for 10k over says a lot. There are less than 1000 of them on the shores, it'll only get easier to find once that number multiplies.

6 months ago if you financed a $44,000 vehicle over 72 months @ 2.99% you're looking at 4k in interest

Financing that same vehicle today over 72 months @ 5% interest you're looking 7k in interest. 2% = 3k in interest

Not offering any financial advise to anyone just be aware what your total cost for this car ends up being between mark ups, add-ons, and interest

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
fawk. congrats dude

did you find out your badge # ?

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Does anyone remember the secondary date for media drives? November 15th I think?