• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
the hrv come from mexico
Yours come by train? I recall initially getting them by train but now we get them by boat. They arrive in Baltimore where I'm at.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I have not seen any new Type Rs assigned since the end of the initial shipment.

I'm also dubious of any dealership claiming their second allocation with a date. I'm not here to tell you it isn't possible. I just have my doubts. Especially since it really seems like Honda does not assign anything until it is built. If the initial shipment is any indication of the future. Other employees are welcome to weigh in on that thought.
This is what I have heard from multiple folks. Ive also heard that district managers know tentative allocations in totality for 2023 and some may have advised dealers what they can generally expect. This could be what is driving the info.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Yours come by train? I recall initially getting them by train but now we get them by boat. They arrive in Baltimore where I'm at.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! HRVSTATUS.PNG

coming by train...usually goes to jacksonville and then down to us

but who knows these days, it'll probably go from mexico, to michigan, to texas, to richmond and sit at the port with my car for 2 months

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This is what I have heard from multiple folks. Ive also heard that district managers know tentative allocations in totality for 2023 and some may have advised dealers what they can generally expect. This could be what is driving the info.
My understanding falls more in line with that...

I know that dealers are looking to take people out of the market and are selling commitments but I worry that they are setting people up for disappointment by providing more specific information such as a month. I am of course happy to be wrong but I do want to explain how I see and understand it so that we all have realistic expectations.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My understanding falls more in line with that...

I know that dealers are looking to take people out of the market and are selling commitments but I worry that they are setting people up for disappointment by providing more specific information such as a month. I am of course happy to be wrong but I do want to explain how I see and understand it so that we all have realistic expectations.
I agree. I am wondering if the lists / commitments are taken beyond expected volume knowing that some may drop off the list when the time comes?

Trunkster

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Kind of like running amarathon and getting to the finish line and someone saying. “Oh sorry your not quite there yet, we measured the distance wrong but we think you’re close…..we are not sure how far you have left to go but think you’re close”
And then move the finish line like 5 more times all the while not admitting they really have no idea where the finish line is.

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
we need to whip out the tin foil hats to know where these bad boys are actually located...
See there has to be a way to do this lmao...... but mainly the title is all I'm referring to here. Since Honda seems to have no clue what providing customer tracking is, it's just a pipe dream heh. Ok maybe saying "no clue" was harsh but when it comes to giving customers the info they do seem tone-deaf.

https://jalopnik.com/how-to-hyperstalk-a-new-car-from-factory-to-your-door-5591932

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
At this point I really hope my allocation doesn't come in until March/April of 2023. No point taking delivery of this vehicle in a New England winter.

First I was upset my dealer wasn't allocated one during this first round, now I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't come in until March/April.

My SI is still on schedule for a December delivery

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I hope this is true. Did he give any reasoning for why he feels confident in the 18th? Just because of the delays each week, what makes him feel good or see that it's "on track" for the 18th?

Salesman just told me it's on track for the 18th. I know they don't really know, but I appreciate them staying on it
Sponsored