• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Mine's going to be ~60k OTD. Blackwings are obviously a good bit more than that, but a CT4-V base is ~65k OTD with some packages, so it's comparable for me.
You should def test drive the CT4-V. That price is unbelievably close.

Let us know how it drives
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I moved from Koreandale to Arlington last year and my property tax went up quite a bit. My GTI is about 500 a year valued at like 18k so I'm guessing the Caddy would about 1600 give or take.
I dont think you can go wrong either way I prefer the caddy but RS3 with a AWE track exhaust sounds like a baby Huracan.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
If only I liked the look of BMWs like at all. Something about them I find hideous. But I'm going to a diff area for more test drives this weekend. A diff dealership has some really well priced CT4-Vs and next door some RS3s are actually in stock. While both will be a bit more OTD than the CTR, it won't be substantially more (10k or less).
RS3’s look great as well, but it just seems kinda boring. I’ve never driven one, so they may be amazing.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I was adamant about not paying a markup so I called some dealers that I knew sold @ MSRP earlier this year and their list was like 10+ long which makes sense so I was then okay with paying a small markup so I can get one quicker. Decided to call a local dealer that I know has a markup, they said I was the first person to inquire for a type r and said there was a $4,135.00 mandatory accessory package and I put a 1k deposit down for the first type r coming to that dealership. It is sonic grey pearl and is currently in transit.
Hendrick Honda in Hickory?

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
You should def test drive the CT4-V. That price is unbelievably close.

Let us know how it drives
I drove one a bit ago and also a CT5-V. Both drove amazing. Even the weaker CT4-V (vs. the Blackwing) was smooth and the interior was fantastic. It's engine sound falls a bit flat, but I suspect that's by design. The MASSIVE downside for me was that it was not manual. But I'll give it another drive since the one at this dealership is actually a very good deal. It only has one package, the one I want, a lot of the other OEM accessories I'd want.

RS3’s look great as well, but it just seems kinda boring. I’ve never driven one, so they may be amazing.
I'm not 100% sold on the looks, but sometimes the opinion changes in person. Cars often look different once you're right up on them. If it drives like a dream it'll be tempting, but that's part of the test drive reason. Part of the reason I didn't even test drive a Genesis was getting to the dealership and going "holy crap, these things are hideous." So looks definitely matter in person.

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called them back in maybe April. I saw you were in NC and that price sounded familiar. I can’t remember if I would have been first or second. Congrats tho, great price.
Thanks, a lot better than anything in Charlotte. They are doing 20-25k

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I drove one a bit ago and also a CT5-V. Both drove amazing. Even the weaker CT4-V (vs. the Blackwing) was smooth and the interior was fantastic. It's engine sound falls a bit flat, but I suspect that's by design. The MASSIVE downside for me was that it was not manual. But I'll give it another drive since the one at this dealership is actually a very good deal. It only has one package, the one I want, a lot of the other OEM accessories I'd want.

I'm not 100% sold on the looks, but sometimes the opinion changes in person. Cars often look different once you're right up on them. If it drives like a dream it'll be tempting, but that's part of the test drive reason. Part of the reason I didn't even test drive a Genesis was getting to the dealership and going "holy crap, these things are hideous." So looks definitely matter in person.
Heard that. I just can’t not do a manual. One day not long from now, you won’t be able to buy a new manual.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing, '24 FL5
Heard that. I just can’t not do a manual. One day not long from now, you won’t be able to buy a new manual.
Luckily I still own a manual MX-5 and the Honda Acty is manual for whatever that matters lol, so I can get my manual fix if I want. Especially when hitting Blood Mountain or Tail of the Dragon.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I have some reasonably well priced CT4-Vs near me as well. The type r that I ordered plus 4k with accessories (markup) which will roughly be around 50k OTD. I am still not sure if this car is worth it at that price but it is my obtainable dream car. It is not priced anywhere near the CT4-Vs in my area (73k).
Same CT4s are mid 70ks

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Looks do matter! I bought an Elantra N back in January and it drove very well but the looks not so much. Ended up selling it for more MSRP.
Sponsored