• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Best bet is for people to look for 2023's now because nearly everyone around New England are selling high ADM again for 24's
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
I feel like someone just posted a '23 in Ohio for MSRP, but only for Ohio residents--did you call on that one?
It’s sold.

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Salesman texted me a quote yesterday from Pure Honda in Ferndale Michigan, just want to help spread the word:

CW expected mid January, 6k Adm, unsure of accessories but says is negotiable, just ask for David Bossio.

Email: [email protected]
(248) 951-9544

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
For anyone in Washington the dealership that I bought my Championship White FL5 from has a Boost Blue 2024 on the way. They plan on asking $10K ADM but I bet you can get it for $5-6K instead considering the current market conditions. We're a bit of an island in terms of allocations so I think this is fair considering how rare the car is up here.

They respected my minimal PDI wishes but I also was on their wait list early. Once they receive the car the build sheet will probably be thrown away so if that's important to you get in contact with them ASAP. I did pay ADM back in January 2023 but it was pretty fair for the time and an extremely convenient transaction which was important to me.

Reach out to Pete Davis at Honda of Bellingham if you're interested!

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
For anyone in Washington the dealership that I bought my Championship White FL5 from has a Boost Blue 2024 on the way. They plan on asking $10K ADM but I bet you can get it for $5-6K instead considering the current market conditions. We're a bit of an island in terms of allocations so I think this is fair considering how rare the car is up here.

They respected my minimal PDI wishes but I also was on their wait list early. Once they receive the car the build sheet will probably be thrown away so if that's important to you get in contact with them ASAP. I did pay ADM back in January 2023 but it was pretty fair for the time and an extremely convenient transaction which was important to me.

Reach out to Pete Davis at Honda of Bellingham if you're interested!
I've only seen 2 around Puget Sound after I got mine, one CBP near Issaquah and one CW near downtown Seattle (was parked in my workplace's garage). With more than 30 allocated since March I'd expect them to be more popular since they were always sold within 1-2 months. Sumner Honda initially had theirs at 25k over but eventually came down to 8k so definitely can try to talk that markup down a bit. The downtown Seattle dealer was nice to work with as well.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
According to the tracker there's about 920 CTR's either at dealers or in transit to dealers (versus a steady state of 300-400ish last year), dealers are getting flooded with units now.
Btw the motoring obsession tracker shows over 1200 cars at dealers or in transit as of this morning!

Nikw91

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC SIERRA 1500 Duramax
Anyone buy a type r in the past week or two? It seems like most of the local dealers with used type R’s are reducing their prices

Damoncage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Btw the motoring obsession tracker shows over 1200 cars at dealers or in transit as of this morning!
I couldn't help but laugh when seeing ppl say the markup will stay and will be higher because the 2024 is a new model year. They probably have to come up with something to justify the markup they paid.
However the reality is the markup is dropping at a faster rate and there are more and more inventory. This car is a fantastic deal at 40k, which is why fk8 has been so successful. But at 50k you're just paying for the hype. And no one will be on the hype train forever.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
This forum is a bubble. Based on what I’m reading, the reality seems to be that people waiting to purchase at MSRP doesn’t have a FL5. Majority of actual owners paid some kind of markup. Just about every decision we humans make comes with a justification. No need to laugh at the people who paid for a markup or justified their purchasing decision. FL5 owners are not laughing at people who want one but can’t find one at MSRP.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Yes, I paid a mark up but tried to minimize it as much as I could locally.

Was it a great feeling to pay the premium? Not really.

Am I happy with the Type R? Yes.

Do I feel a sense of envy yet respect for those who can manage to get a better deal? Yes.

Can we all get along? For sure.

Damoncage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
ppl say the markup will stay and will be higher
is what I said. I have nothing against however much ppl would like to spend on their vehicles. I am open to markup after all. In fact, thanks to the ppl posting their deal so that I can get a sense of the market.
What I cannot stand is ppl spreading fomo and making this car more exclusive when the fact says otherwise. What they are doing is exactly the same as those dealerships that knows nothing but a cash cow about this car.

Maiko

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 b2600i
I couldn't help but laugh when seeing ppl say the markup will stay and will be higher because the 2024 is a new model year. They probably have to come up with something to justify the markup they paid.
However the reality is the markup is dropping at a faster rate and there are more and more inventory. This car is a fantastic deal at 40k, which is why fk8 has been so successful. But at 50k you're just paying for the hype. And no one will be on the hype train forever.
I hope so. Hopefully a can get a 24 white at MSRP.

tingli107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STI, GT4
Let 2024 bring in the year of MSRP and reduced markups especially since it’s already got a built in $1k markup, dang inflation.

luckky300

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R, 21 Ford GT500, 18 BMW M2, 86 Omni GLH-S
I have bought a few cars over the past three years through all the craziness. In November 2021 I decided to buy a GT500. The market had massive ADMs. I travelled often for business so went to several out of state dealerships and they were horrible to deal with. I had 4 deals worked out over the phone that all collapsed due to dealers changing the terms. I finally paid an ADM of $10k over for a base car and was happy with my decision. If I had waited until now I would have been able to buy a used GT500 with the $18,000 track pack for what I paid for my base model. I am still happy with my car and I like being the original owner but if I had waited I would have had a nicer car for less money. When the Type R was announced I went to my local Honda dealership and they advised they were an MSRP dealership so I asked to be on the list. I was #9 and did not have a color preference. I picked up my car a week before Christmas (last month). 7 people passed in front of me. It was a white car. The car market is definitely coming back to earth and unless you have to have it, wait on an MSRP deal and be ready to buy when you find one. I was going to trade a 2018 BMW M2 in on the the Type R, but the offers were very very low so decided to keep it.

JCZ5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 GT4, 992 Targa 4 GTS
I have bought a few cars over the past three years through all the craziness. In November 2021 I decided to buy a GT500. The market had massive ADMs. I travelled often for business so went to several out of state dealerships and they were horrible to deal with. I had 4 deals worked out over the phone that all collapsed due to dealers changing the terms. I finally paid an ADM of $10k over for a base car and was happy with my decision. If I had waited until now I would have been able to buy a used GT500 with the $18,000 track pack for what I paid for my base model. I am still happy with my car and I like being the original owner but if I had waited I would have had a nicer car for less money. When the Type R was announced I went to my local Honda dealership and they advised they were an MSRP dealership so I asked to be on the list. I was #9 and did not have a color preference. I picked up my car a week before Christmas (last month). 7 people passed in front of me. It was a white car. The car market is definitely coming back to earth and unless you have to have it, wait on an MSRP deal and be ready to buy when you find one. I was going to trade a 2018 BMW M2 in on the the Type R, but the offers were very very low so decided to keep it.
If you bought a few cars over the past three years, was it through the same dealer network? If so, I am shocked they would continue to charge you ADM for your loyalty. I still immensely respect dealers who look after their loyal customers. That is getting harder and harder to find these days...

Congrats on the type R thought! I am really surprised 7 people in front of you passed. Maybe this hype train is truly dying down and actual people putting their wallet where their mouth is, is shrinking for the benefit of people who actually want these cars.
Sponsored