• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold.

FrostySJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Sport Touring Hatch. '22 CR-V Black Ed
So, here in Atlantic Canada we had a couple of days of extreme cold weather which included warnings. The temperatures hit -47C with windchill with an air temp of -35C.

I started my car to make sure it would start yesterday and after a few minutes it started throwing errors and failure messages like no tomorrow.

Fast forward to today, where its a balmy -2C feeling like -5C and its the same thing.

Needless to say, I'll be paying a visit to the dealer on this one as I wouldn't have expected this to happen at all. 22 CR-V no lights period.

Anyone else experience this?

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4253

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4254

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4255

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4256

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4257

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4258

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4259

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4260

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4261

11th Gen Honda Civic 22 Sport Touring Hatch Dash lights lit up like Christmas tree after extreme cold. IMG_4262
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
So, here in Atlantic Canada we had a couple of days of extreme cold weather which included warnings. The temperatures hit -47C with windchill with an air temp of -35C.

I started my car to make sure it would start yesterday and after a few minutes it started throwing errors and failure messages like no tomorrow.

Fast forward to today, where its a balmy -2C feeling like -5C and its the same thing.

Needless to say, I'll be paying a visit to the dealer on this one as I wouldn't have expected this to happen at all. 22 CR-V no lights period.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg
That is really strange, definitely take it in. So far mine has been cold started in -15 F and no issues.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
In that climate, and assuming the car is outside, do you use an engine block heater? I hope so.:oops:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

That is quite cold!

I suspect temperature had an impact on the battery. I recommend running the vehicle for a little (10-15 minute) and then driving it. The lights will clear.

It probably isn't a bad idea for to have the battery tested. I know the vehicle is newer but less than ideal batteries can happen.

Good luck!

OP
OP

FrostySJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didnā€™t bother with this option. We havenā€™t had cold temps like this since 2009. Actually broke a 1982 record for cold. However, car started with no issues.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I guarantee, it is just the cold weather. The sensors have an operating range and I'm sure those expose it. Warm up the car and give a light drive and they'll go away. The same things happen in really high temps as well.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Donā€™t feel bad, my new type R did that for a few minutes after sitting outside in Minus 35deg wind chill. After driving it for 15 minutes and restarted the car, everything was fine again. Never happened since ! Itā€™s the cold weather. These civic batteries are horrible to begin with ! If Iā€™m not mistaken? Theyā€™re cheap Panasonic that donā€™t last to long anyway!! Not to mention the frost and or snow on the sensors causes the assist lights to come on as well.
truth.
best

OP
OP

FrostySJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've driven it around town today and the lights are still on. Will be calling the dealership in the morning and let them deal with it. Clearly, they are tied into 1 system.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I've driven it around town today and the lights are still on. Will be calling the dealership in the morning and let them deal with it. Clearly, they are tied into 1 system.
Let us know if they changed the battery?
Thanks

OP
OP

FrostySJ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on this issue:

Issue is cleared. Hopefully to never come back.

Here is the description:

Checked for DTC's. Found Code U3000-49 EPS CONTROL UNIT - INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

Tried to clear code, code would not clear. Performed hard battery reset. Code Cleared. Test drove vehicle. Lights/Code did not come back.

Thankfully, no charge as they wanted $125.99 CDN for diagnosis :oops:

So, it looks like Electronic Power Steering flaked out the rest of the safety feature in the car. Gotta love technology :D

I'll chalk this one up to the cold weather and hope we don't see this one again.
Sponsored