• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

23 Civic SI - Rattle/Buzzing sound thru the driver/passenger speaker when accelerating

khoahoang

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic SI
Hi guys,

Does anyone are experiencing issues with the pumped-in audio/Active Sound System?
Whenever I accelerate or on the highway between speeds 60-65MPH, the speaker starts the rattle/buzzing sound (electrical sound) thru the speaker. Sometimes it happens at the driver speaker, sometimes at the passenger speaker, and even the rear speaker has that sound too.
Should I bring up this issue to the dealer or it is just a normal thing that happens with the Active Sound System?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yo I think I brought this up in another thread except I only really hear it at low speeds when feathering the throttle. I couldn’t ever pinpoint the location but it just seemed like it wasn’t coming from anything mechanical. It sounded like static, electrical buzzing, or like the interference on a shitty radio station.

I had it in my 22 Si and now my FL5. It seems barely audible and noticeable for me most of the time but when I hear it I hear it. I’d bet it’s the ASC I may try to unplug it this weekend and test the theory.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
I occasionally get that on mine. Good luck getting the dealer to fix it though.
Sponsored