• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattle when decelerating.

LNF

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Thanks! And let me know about the rattle please, the FL5 is not a done deal just yet. I have first right of refusal and outside of the trade in market still being solid I’m very happy with the Si. Happy enough to walk away from the FL5…
Congrats on the FL5! My dealer's integras all have the same rattle... nothing can be done about it. Kind of curious, but I take it your FL5 doesnt have the dreaded rattle?
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Congrats on the FL5! My dealer's integras all have the same rattle... nothing can be done about it. Kind of curious, but I take it your FL5 doesnt have the dreaded rattle?
Not that I’ve noticed yet, but the Si’s didn’t seem to pop up for a while. I’ll keep everyone updated if it shows up eventually.

AbeTypeR

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Mine has it. Pretty annoying but can only hear it with the windows down.

Siluigi

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Any updates with resolutions for the wastegate rattle? I just noticed my si having this issue right before the 3k mile mark. I had just installed the PRL HVI intake so at first I thought I may have not tightened down all the clamps so I removed and double checked everything including screws. I kept hearing the noise and noticed it only happened when decelerating and would immediately disappear when I pushed the gas. It’s very frustrating knowing this is a known issue that Honda has not resolved. I really don’t want to take it back to the dealership for them to tell me it’s normal. Seems like this is the answer everyone is receiving. I can only faintly hear it with the windows down but the car should be close to perfect for the money I paid for it with all the stupid dealer options…

LNF

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Any updates with resolutions for the wastegate rattle? I just noticed my si having this issue right before the 3k mile mark. I had just installed the PRL HVI intake so at first I thought I may have not tightened down all the clamps so I removed and double checked everything including screws. I kept hearing the noise and noticed it only happened when decelerating and would immediately disappear when I pushed the gas. It’s very frustrating knowing this is a known issue that Honda has not resolved. I really don’t want to take it back to the dealership for them to tell me it’s normal. Seems like this is the answer everyone is receiving. I can only faintly hear it with the windows down but the car should be close to perfect for the money I paid for it with all the stupid dealer options…

I don’t want to be a downer, but the dealership will not do anything about it. My 2023 Integra A-Spec/manual does it too. The dealership had me ride with their Master tech in multiple of their demo cars which all had the same issue.

It’s a ‘characteristic’ of our car. I lubed the arms so it stops rattling which works. I’m hoping my Integra Type S won’t have that issue, but it sounds like the FL5s have it too.

Jocgarciam

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2024
Did you solve the problem?

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
my wastegate rattle has disappeared around 8000 miles after hitting redline in 1st gear. not sure if this is temporary or what.
Sponsored