• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Get use to no test drives on in demand cars. If a dealership is smart, they'll prevent window shoppers from racking up miles, when a serious buyer wants new and unmolested. Don't like it? Well the next person does, so get out of the line if your not serious.
Sponsored

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
Get use to no test drives on in demand cars. If a dealership is smart, they'll prevent window shoppers from racking up miles, when a serious buyer wants new and unmolested. Don't like it? Well the next person does, so get out of the line if your not serious.
I completely expect not to test drive a CTR, but a Si? It's nowhere near the level of a CTR.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I completely expect not to test drive a CTR, but a Si? It's nowhere near the level of a CTR.
Not saying you don't deserve to test drive. But i also understand the dealerships pov, more now bc of the shortage. People are buying cars sight unseen bc of this crap market situation and bidders are putting down more than the cars worth. Everybody in America has money to burn these days.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Not saying you don't deserve to test drive. But i also understand the dealerships pov, more now bc of the shortage. People are buying cars sight unseen bc of this crap market situation and bidders are putting down more than the cars worth. Everybody in America has money to burn these days.

Nah...

It's crazy not to allow a test drive. There is zero incentive.

The guy who wants the car "unmolested" will be just as happy with 24 miles on it as he will be 7 on a Type R.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Nah...

It's crazy not to allow a test drive. There is zero incentive.

The guy who wants the car "unmolested" will be just as happy with 24 miles on it as he will be 7 on a Type R.
Hell nah, I would go to another dealer for a type r with less than 7 miles, if it was priced similarly.

And what happens if nobody buys the car at 24 miles? And the next guy wants to test drive it and now you got 40 mile. Everybody's going to skip that dealer for another with less miles/same price. That's why most dealers aren't foolish to let people abuse their cars bc someone might be "serious interested".

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hell nah, I would go to another dealer for a type r with less than 7 miles, if it was priced similarly.

And what happens if nobody buys the car at 24 miles? And the next guy wants to test drive it and now you got 40 mile. Everybody's going to skip that dealer for another with less miles/same price. That's why most dealers aren't foolish to let people abuse their cars bc someone might be "serious interested".
I would give you directions to the other dealer.

How did you put it?

"Don't like it? Well the next person does, so get out of the line if your not serious"

You can't have it both ways.

Sales people are to qualify you. It's their job.