• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
Be careful man, if you say anything about stuff like this, some people on here get super worked up. You have to stick to the approved message.

“All Type Rs will have a minimum of a $25k markup, and nobody will ever get one. Nobody.”
what do you mean people will get super worked up, im giving facts and opinion about dealers in my location. If people get worked up they can keep crying about it lol I don't know what I said wrong.
Sponsored

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
The sales manager at the Honda I'm on the waitlist for told me this morning:
All I can say is that availability will be extremely limited. I would anticipate a longer than expected wait.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
what do you mean people will get super worked up, im giving facts and opinion about dealers in my location. If people get worked up they can keep crying about it lol I don't know what I said wrong.
It was a joke, from other people getting all worked up, nothing to do with you. I agree with you.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Sooner or later (prolly after 3-5 years), we might not be able to get one of these new type r at all.

So, Im going to ignore and shut every cheap ass down, pay at least a 10% mark up to MSRP on this new type R to snatch it as soon as I can.

Some people who don't understand markups (for certain areas) will wait and wait and wait and there won't be anyone trying to sell type r at the end.

Personally, I love breaking in manual cars from day 1 myself. With all the joy I'm going to have, 4-9k markup is nothing... at least that's what my dealer would charge more on top of increased MSRP :)

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Well my rep just emailed me back and told me that Honda hasn't updated them yet...so I guess that means they were not on the list.
I know they are a smaller dealer but they sold a surprising amount of FK8's and even had an LE come through.

Damn kind of regretting selling my last FK8 and turning down my arrived allocation for the GR86...no fun car for me this year me thinks...

Might have to buy a cheap motorbike to tide me over lol
That sounds like a good plan. I was almost thinking about getting a motorbike as well if this completely falls through.

I suppose I will inquire with Toyota about the manual Supra while I am at it

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Sooner or later (prolly after 3-5 years), we might not be able to get one of these new type r at all.

So, Im going to ignore and shut every cheap ass down, pay at least a 10% mark up to MSRP on this new type R to snatch it as soon as I can.

Some people who don't understand markups (for certain areas) will wait and wait and wait and there won't be anyone trying to sell type r at the end.

Personally, I love breaking in manual cars from day 1 myself. With all the joy I'm going to have, 4-9k markup is nothing... at least that's what my dealer would charge more on top of increased MSRP :)

long as there is a demand, there will always be a car to buy.

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
Just got off the phone from a dealer near SFV, they had a meeting and they're expecting to get their first shipments of the 2023 type r by October/November. Unfortunately, no deposits or reservations are available. :(