• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
This whole thing is very deflating. I went from wanting a CTR, to maybe looking at a GR Corolla (until I realized the Circuit edition was a limited run), to considering the Elantra N due to price/performance with the DCT, to wanting the CTR again, just to be disenchanted by the whole economy and car shortage situation.

I hope we're all pleasantly surprised by production and availability, but I'm bracing for the worst and hoping I'm wrong
Sponsored

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
Will for sure see crazy markups and l dont doubt the limited production but I’m pretty sure not everyone around us is gonna Go for it, there are a bunch of cars coming out in 2023, if youre planning to get one, you have a high chance if you wait. I feel like everyone is overreacting about not being able to get one.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Most probably the 500ish is the FIRST run production, or the nürburgring edition or some marketing stuff like that.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Will for sure see crazy markups and l dont doubt the limited production but I’m pretty sure not everyone around us is gonna Go for it, there are a bunch of cars coming out in 2023, if youre planning to get one, you have a high chance if you wait. I feel like everyone is overreacting about not being able to get one.
In deed! This over reactions is GREAT for busine$$$$$! ;)

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
In deed! This over reactions is GREAT for busine$$$$$! ;)
Exactly, the more people panic saying they might not get one the more they’ll be tempted to just go for mark up deals, I mean hey if people get discouraged and go for another car, I don’t mind it, the shorter my wait time will be

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Most probably the 500ish is the FIRST run production, or the nürburgring edition or some marketing stuff like that.
There's only one edition. No launch, no nurburgring, no other bs. Just the FL5 CTR

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
Only reason Honda might hold back on production is because people have gave negative comments about how the new CTR looks and they don’t wanna make a lot if their audience is saying they’re ugly.
im sure if they see a good amount of people purchasing they’ll make more

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Only reason Honda might hold back on production is because people have gave negative comments about how the new CTR looks and they don’t wanna make a lot if their audience is saying they’re ugly.
im sure if they see a good amount of people purchasing they’ll make more
😂….not even close.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
This whole thing is very deflating. I went from wanting a CTR, to maybe looking at a GR Corolla (until I realized the Circuit edition was a limited run), to considering the Elantra N due to price/performance with the DCT, to wanting the CTR again, just to be disenchanted by the whole economy and car shortage situation.

I hope we're all pleasantly surprised by production and availability, but I'm bracing for the worst and hoping I'm wrong
I've pretty much gone through the same process when the Canada production number rumor started to seem legitimate. I'm the US though. I'm pretty much out on the GR Corolla, although you could get a Core with the performance pack and get the front and rear LSDs, I think even that'd be a good bit north of 40k MSRP (edit: wrong, the Core is estimated at 32k + PP should be well under 40k). The GR Yaris seating position is bad and I don't think they've fixed that with the GR Corolla. Plus the Core gets a sunroof (edit: wrong, no sunroof), further cutting down on helmet room. I wrote off the Elantra N as soon as I saw it. It's ugly. After doing more research on it, it seems to be a great package and suddenly they don't look as ugly as I thought (look up color matching the front bumper, it helps a lot imo). Might just go that route. Honestly seems the most track ready out of anything in the segment. Seriously considering one, but we'll see how what happens with the 7/20 announcement. I'm out on the WRX, Si, GTI, Golf R. They all have fatal flaws for me, like the GR Corolla. Think that covers the segment as far as new goes. And I'm not getting shafted on the used market. Leaves me with the Elantra N, or maybe getting lucky with a new Type R.

Last edited:

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
I hear yah and trust me, I'm hoping for the best but we only have to look at the C8 and Supra for precedence. The C8 was marked up on average 19.3% even though it sold a sh*tload (2020: 21,627, 2021: 33,042, 2022: 17,441). The dealers are still going to add mark-up even if Honda by some miracle supplies enough cars to surpass demand.

My guess is a 20% markup on a $41k 2023 ($41k instead of $37k to adjust for inflation) sooooooo my final guess would be:
$49k($41k + 20%markup) + $1k(bullsh*t dealer add-ons) + 10%(California tax😭) + 4k (fees) = ~$60,000 out the door
I agree with the C8 bc of the original MSRP but as for the Supra. - before the pandemic - you could have scored one under MSRP

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Leaves me with the Elantra N, or maybe getting lucky with a new Type R.
I've already got a body shop selected to color-match the Elantra's front end 😂

But seriously the hardest pill for me to swallow would be spending $40k (OTD) at a Hyundai dealership just to get the $18k customer service treatment. Hopefully the Type R is what happens. Fingers crossed on my end that the Integra S and Nissan Z (and manual Supra) draw enough people away from the Type R so I can snag one

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
I've pretty much gone through the same process when the Canada production number rumor started to seem legitimate. I'm the US though. I'm pretty much out on the GR Corolla, although you could get a Core with the performance pack and get the front and rear LSDs, I think even that'd be a good bit north of 40k MSRP. The GR Yaris seating position is bad and I don't think they've fixed that with the GR Corolla. Plus the Core gets a sunroof, further cutting down on helmet room. I wrote off the Elantra N as soon as I saw it. It's ugly. After doing more research on it, it seems to be a great packages and suddenly they don't look as ugly as I thought (look up color matching the front bumper, it helps a lot imo). Might just go that route. Honestly seems the most track ready out of anything in the segment. Seriously considering one, but we'll see how what happens with the 7/20 announcement. I'm out on the WRX, Si, GTI, Golf R. They all have fatal flaws for me, like the GR Corolla. Think that covers the segment as far as new goes. And I'm not getting shafted on the used market. Leaves me with the Elantra N, or maybe getting lucky with a new Type R.
Where did you read or see the core GRC will have a sunroof? Lol, the red preproduction core model that they have been showing does not have a sunroof. And the Core with the PP will be right at or just slightly under $40k, will be competitively priced with the outgoing CTR.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Where did you read or see the core GRC will have a sunroof? Lol, the red preproduction core model that they have been showing does not have a sunroof. And the Core with the PP will be right at or just slightly under $40k, will be competitively priced with the outgoing CTR.
Sorry, you're right. Editing my post. Looks like the Core is estimated 32k, should be well under 40k with the PP. I could have sworn the Core had a sunroof and the Circuit differed by deleting it with a carbon roof, but it also looks like I'm remembering wrong there.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Just to add, most dealerships are the last to know, and often use the internet themselves. A lot of the time customers know more than dealerships because we go digging. If dealers are 100% confirming numbers to ppl then their country must be further along the allocation and ordering process than other countries (or they are lying!)

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Just to add, most dealerships are the last to know, and often use the internet themselves. A lot of the time customers know more than dealerships because we go digging. If dealers are 100% confirming numbers to ppl then their country must be further along the allocation and ordering process than other countries (or they are lying!)
Can you trust a sales guy?
Sponsored