• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Clutch Recs?

Dan_E26

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Hey all,

Still loving my 2023 SI so far. About 5,000 miles on it at the time of writing this. While I have no reason to believe my clutch is going out (it locks up hard enough to buck the whole car even when I shift pretty mildly) I've been considering a clutch upgrade somewhere down the line as I've heard all about how wimpy the stock clutches are. Intuitively, I was thinking maybe an Exedy Stage 0/Stage 1 clutch because that's OEM kit for the FK8 Type R, but I'm open to other opinions.

For what it's worth, I do not plan on doing any type of power mods, nor do I ever floor the car from low RPMs. This clutch upgrade would be done when the car is out of warranty and as purely a "peace of mind" upgrade
Sponsored

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si Sedan
Best option is a rv6 type r retro flywheel with the exedy stage 0 clutch. We have been running this type of clutch on our shop car 2 years and flawless. No chatter, oem feel and holds power well. You need a setup we have in stock www.axionind.com
Do you know by any chance if the kzCMC for the 10th gen will fit the 11th gen?

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
Do you know by any chance if the kzCMC for the 10th gen will fit the 11th gen?
I would just get the Sirimoto CMC kit. comes with an all new Willwood CMC and stainless clutch line.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si Sedan
MOst CMC are all universal its the other lines from it that arent the same. Just get one thats for the car so you have no issues. We are still running the stock one with no issues at all
What about when you upgrade the clutch which is something I plan on doing soon.

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si Sedan

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
No need for a modified CMC?
Agreed. Also highly agree with the RV6 retro recommendations above for the clutch kit. Stage 0.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Why stage 0?
Stage 0 will hold anything that 99.99999% of people with a 1.5T can throw at it. Its the factory Type R clutch. Our FL5 with this clutch currently makes 527whp/430 ft lbs. The biggest reason to not get a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch with this kit is that you will likely encounter shift lockout at high RPM.

11th Gen Honda Civic Aftermarket Clutch Recs? 1695317895469

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si Sedan
Stage 0 will hold anything that 99.99999% of people with a 1.5T can throw at it. Its the factory Type R clutch. Our FL5 with this clutch currently makes 527whp/430 ft lbs. The biggest reason to not get a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch with this kit is that you will likely encounter shift lockout at high RPM.

1695317895469.png
Makes sense. Will definitely be looking into this soon. Thanks

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I have a 10th gen si with most bolt on with 145k miles on original clutch. 4 track days and some canyon driving. So I think your clutch depend on how you drive it.
Sponsored