• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Radiator Options

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I believe it would help, yes. but again, To be sure where the problem comes from I have to test the new setup
Would highly suggest into considering the venting. I dont think theres any aftermarket hoods for the FL5 yet but when you look at the FL5s theres a common theme that they all have some sort of additional venting to increase airflow. The airflow is a bottle neck on these cars unfortunately

Even the FK8 I previously mentioned that doesn't have overheating with the additional radiators and oil coolers has a modified hood with additional venting.
Sponsored

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Would highly suggest into considering the venting. I dont think theres any aftermarket hoods for the FL5 yet but when you look at the FL5s theres a common theme that they all have some sort of additional venting to increase airflow. The airflow is a bottle neck on these cars unfortunately

Even the FK8 I previously mentioned that doesn't have overheating with the additional radiators and oil coolers has a modified hood with additional venting.
Yup. Just about every FK8 and FL5 in a race series has vented hood and vented fenders.

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
I am 100% for a vented hood, dont get me wrong! It´s on my wish list.

But in the end, I believe there are many ways of achieving good results. Little by little we will get there

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
it would be nice to see a back to back test on this, because it does not make sense lol
Sponsored