Sponsored

Aluminum Brake Covers for an Si

MeGustaChuletas

New Member
First Name
Hector
Joined
Aug 2, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si
Has anyone tried those Brake covers to make their brakes look better? When I had my Subie, I was able to find a reasonable upgrade for the ugly sliding calipers. I can't find the same for my Si (unless I just want to do the fronts). So I was thinking I could do the covers till a manufacturer comes up with a full kit (front and rear) for me to upgrade to.

https://a.co/d/06WjmJ11

11th Gen Honda Civic Aluminum Brake Covers for an Si Captur
Sponsored

 

Cueyo

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
22
Messages
979
Reaction score
748
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type R
Never heard of this brand, but I had considered them a long while back when I had a civic sport (some guy who made them and painted them himself). Ultimately decided against them since they're brake dust magnets and potentially risky to proper brake function. I don't want a piece of metal flying off my brakes at 85mph because I incorrectly clipped it.

I highly doubt anyone will make a full kit for non-type Rs because of how the brake system works on this platform. You're better off saving your $200 and buying a front bbk and just rattle canning the rears to match with high heat paint.

You could also try genesis coupe rears and fronts(?). I wanna say there's people using those on our civics.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP

MeGustaChuletas

New Member
First Name
Hector
Joined
Aug 2, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si
Never heard of this brand, but I had considered them a long while back when I had a civic sport (some guy who made them and painted them himself). Ultimately decided against them since they're brake dust magnets and potentially risky to proper brake function. I don't want a piece of metal flying off my brakes at 85mph because I incorrectly clipped it.

I highly doubt anyone will make a full kit for non-type Rs because of how the brake system works on this platform. You're better off saving your $200 and buying a front bbk and just rattle canning the rears to match with high heat paint.

You could also try genesis coupe rears and fronts(?). I wanna say there's people using those on our civics.
It wasn't so much the brand, but the concept I was wondering about. There are some that actually utilize the Caliper bolts to ensure they stay affixed to the caliper. I agree, it isn't something that I'd prefer to do ( I'd rather do a full BBK kit), but would like to swap out the stock wheels for new wheels and the stock brakes (even painted) aren't that great looking.

If painting is all I get, then that is what I'll have to accept I guess.
 

ThunderPigeon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
286
Reaction score
302
Location
Long Island
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rallye Red Civic Type-R #24723


ThunderPigeon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
286
Reaction score
302
Location
Long Island
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rallye Red Civic Type-R #24723
OP
OP

MeGustaChuletas

New Member
First Name
Hector
Joined
Aug 2, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Si
@xxBodom Now if 27Won would make rears that you can add the EPB from stock and I'd be all over them!
 


ThunderPigeon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
286
Reaction score
302
Location
Long Island
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rallye Red Civic Type-R #24723

ThunderPigeon

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2022
Threads
7
Messages
286
Reaction score
302
Location
Long Island
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rallye Red Civic Type-R #24723
Just do Genesis brembo cuzz.
More trouble than it is worth and the fitment is slightly off. This new 27Won kit is the way to go for affordable big brakes.
 

nttran98

Senior Member
First Name
Nhan
Joined
Apr 29, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
208
Reaction score
102
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2026 FL5
More trouble than it is worth and the fitment is slightly off. This new 27Won kit is the way to go for affordable big brakes.
Didnt know this was a thing, alright i think thats the best way to go now.
Sponsored

 
 







Top