• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any recommended front seat covers for FL5 Type-R ?

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
I also have the Dream covers and you have described them perfectly ........ glad that I made the purchase ;)
Do you have a link where you purchased those please?
Sponsored

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Lots of great ideas here... I think seat covers are the best option but the ones I like are $$$ 🙁

Has anyone considered Scotch guarding their seats? It seems to work well on living room furniture and other high use items, I wonder if it would work well on the red type R seats?

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
After receiving some Dream seat covers and dealing with Facebook idiots ignorantly commenting on them, here are my thoughts:

1) These are NOT show-level seat covers. If you want seat covers that don't look like seat covers, those exist and these are not those.

2) These QUICKLY install and uninstall in <1 minute. This was an important consideration for me, as I don't always want to use them. But when I do, I don't want to spend a bunch of time installing them. Quick-on, quick off is also nice for washing them if needed.

3) These cover the entire seating surfaces and the backside of the seats. The pricey, nice looking covers do not protect the backs of the seats from kid's feet.

4) These are durable and comfortable. With them installed, they DO NOT hinder the driving experience.

5) These don't break the bank.

My usage case: I wear multiple hats at work. Some days I spend more time in my seat/at my computer in my office and others out on the manufacturing floor performing maintenance on equipment. Grease, fiberglass dust and other yucky contaminants get on my clothing and I'd like to minimize transfer into my car and onto my seats. I have two young daughters with feet perfectly placed to rub against the seat backs, as well.

Given my usage case, nothing else makes much sense. These are the perfect product for those with a justifiable usage case.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Lots of great ideas here... I think seat covers are the best option but the ones I like are $$$ 🙁

Has anyone considered Scotch guarding their seats? It seems to work well on living room furniture and other high use items, I wonder if it would work well on the red type R seats?
I considered fabric protection briefly but decided against it for several reasons. I've used a ScotchGuard like product many years ago on a vehicle I had and it wasn't clear to me the product was doing its job. I didn't have the benefit of years with it and years without it to make a call.

Gtechniq Smart Fabric, Griots Garage, GYEON and others offer fabric protection products but their protection is limited at best, provide protection for only 6-12 months, and may change the characteristics (look and feel) of the fabric. Not to mention I have no interest in layering the seats with chemicals every 6-12 months. There are YouTube videos out there testing these products with mixed results.

Last edited:

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
After receiving some Dream seat covers and dealing with Facebook idiots ignorantly commenting on them, here are my thoughts:

1) These are NOT show-level seat covers. If you want seat covers that don't look like seat covers, those exist and these are not those.

2) These QUICKLY install and uninstall in <1 minute. This was an important consideration for me, as I don't always want to use them. But when I do, I don't want to spend a bunch of time installing them. Quick-on, quick off is also nice for washing them if needed.

3) These cover the entire seating surfaces and the backside of the seats. The pricey, nice looking covers do not protect the backs of the seats from kid's feet.

4) These are durable and comfortable. With them installed, they DO NOT hinder the driving experience.

5) These don't break the bank.

My usage case: I wear multiple hats at work. Some days I spend more time in my seat/at my computer in my office and others out on the manufacturing floor performing maintenance on equipment. Grease, fiberglass dust and other yucky contaminants get on my clothing and I'd like to minimize transfer into my car and onto my seats. I have two young daughters with feet perfectly placed to rub against the seat backs, as well.

Given my usage case, nothing else makes much sense. These are the perfect product for those with a justifiable usage case.
Agreed! I have the Dream seat covers, and serve well for their purpose. For shows/meets I remove them and store them once parked :).

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I got these from Amazon, They are also nothing special, but they seem to do what I want is protect the seat and Cheap! for the occasions that something/someone may dirty them, kids from sports, working on the car, etc.

lebogner Waterproof Seat Cover in red
https://amzn.to/3vbE1yJ

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
These are how the look with a water resistant barrier. Good enough for temporary needs and less than $50 for 2 or $25 for 1.

https://amzn.to/3TkwvJR

11th Gen Honda Civic Any recommended front seat covers for FL5 Type-R ? PXL_20240314_115827326

11th Gen Honda Civic Any recommended front seat covers for FL5 Type-R ? PXL_20240314_115837270

11th Gen Honda Civic Any recommended front seat covers for FL5 Type-R ? PXL_20240314_115844915

Last edited:

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Looks sufficient when getting the car serviced.
Sponsored