• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
I think that's fair.
The new civic (hybrid) does look very impressive it's just very large..
Sponsored

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Still no news on the release date or pricing in the UK. I really don’t get how they have released it in Japan but havn’t done a global launch, the damn thing is ready…

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just comes off as totally arrogant really, how annoying.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I'm not sure how true it is, but my local dealer principle friend is now saying that it is likely mid-November before they know the details. It was originally mid-October.

They had a car transporter full if the Civic hybrids arrive last week. I sat in one and it is a very nice place to be. The step up in quality is huge over the previous one, very nicely trimmed and has a much more premium feel - it bodes well!

Reactions: MrB

kaney1980

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'm West London and this would be my 2nd Civic Type R, having had an EP3 Premier back in 2006.

I put down a holding deposit for the waiting list at Chiswick Honda end of Sept. Doubt I'll make the cut though; I see people here were 8/9 months ahead of me! The salesman said there were only 20 or so in front of me, but I'd say he was just saying that figure to lure me into thinking there isn't that many waiting.

Fingers crossed as the FL5 seems just the perfect mix of heritage and incremental improvements model upon model.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ahead of you at that one dealer? I'm not sure any dealer is going to see more than half a dozen ish over the production run in this country from the sounds of it..

kaney1980

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
20 ahead of you at that one dealer? I'm not sure any dealer is going to see more than half a dozen ish over the production run in this country from the sounds of it..
Yes; they're the largest Honda dealer (for Type R at least) in terms of volume I believe... I get there are production delays, world events and material shortages, but I'm still optimistic it'll open up and people drop out.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 at that site or the whole group?
I'm sure people may consider dropping out given the financial pressure households are under.. Having said that lots of people also have no personal financial responsibility whatsoever.
So maybe, new car today! Repossession in 6 months when my mortgage fix comes to an end!!
Best of luck mate

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I predict 1-5 cars per dealer

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda my thoughts so maybe a group with several outlets may make up the c20 ish Chiswick are touting. Rather than that being that one dealer sites allocation.

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I'm West London and this would be my 2nd Civic Type R, having had an EP3 Premier back in 2006.

I put down a holding deposit for the waiting list at Chiswick Honda end of Sept. Doubt I'll make the cut though; I see people here were 8/9 months ahead of me! The salesman said there were only 20 or so in front of me, but I'd say he was just saying that figure to lure me into thinking there isn't that many waiting.

Fingers crossed as the FL5 seems just the perfect mix of heritage and incremental improvements model upon model.
FYI: I placed my deposit there in Feburary.

kaney1980

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
FYI: I placed my deposit there in Feburary.
Ah yes, I knew I saw someone did. Great foresight but the wait must be killing you!!

Put in a good word for me! 😁 I don't think the clout of having one CTR off them in 16 years will cut it!!

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini

That's interesting. I know some big dealers in the north have stopped taking any new deposits as they presumed they might only get a few, say within 5-8 over the entire production cycle.

FYI: I placed mine in June.
Sponsored