• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
My Deposit went in with Listers in Stratford in July
Sponsored

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Be good to gauge some UK opinion, I thin we are going to be quite far behind North America on getting FL5 allocation. I'm thinking late spring / early Summer 2023 before they hit the dealers. Unlike the states with the images of the cars at the compound, we here in the YUK have nothing to represent that sort of advancement. Thoughts?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
I've heard nothing from my dealer and tbh with the way the UK is going and the energy cap being cut back to 6 months etc, interest rates going mad (both my fixes will be going up substantially) I'm probably going to stick with the i20n rather than move up the ladder car wise.

Sad times.

golty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M340i Xdrive
Ye really tough times to be buying a car, the CVR will have a high list price, no discounts and if your financing via honda I can't see the APR been below there 6.9%, could be more! Be interesting to see if Honda will keep there usual free servicing when financing via them as that would help.

Still I haven't helped myself put the idea off getting one, went to sat in a new Civic yesterday at my local dealer, felt really nice inside and looked great outside, especially in the Crystal Red the dealer had it in. The interior didn't even feel much of a step down from my current M340i.

I'll be still looking to get one but I know your going to need to be lucky to get one, the local dealer thought they were only bringing an initial run of 300 cars. I assume if they sell well and the supply shortage eases Honda will look to make more.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I certainly hear you on the financial side of things and the cluster fuck this government is making of everything. That aside, when do you guys think we will see these in customers hands, I can't see it being any earlier than Summer next year

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I think it could be early 2023, perhaps new year, as there's no reason I can see why it should be too far behind the US on timings.

But agree with the comments above, it's a terrible time to be releasing this kind of car in the UK, so I doubt Honda will be too worried if there are only limited numbers sent our way.

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
As a cash buyer, this endless waiting not only slowly kills my passion but also makes me feel bad for my money as I know they are devaluing day by day (credit to the inflation and Truss's government). The worst part here is my GBP was exchanged from USD earlier this year🥴.

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Gonna grab one as soon as they accept orders, cash buyer here as well.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No doubt they will try to encourage use of finance anyway! 😂 for all the flexibility and guaranteed future value lol

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
How frustrating to see all these cars in the States getting ready for press reviews and yet not a dicky bird here in the UK, despite us manufactiring the FK8 on our shores. Shame Honda…

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I know, we are so slow on everything here. The normal Civic's have been out for a year in the States and we are only getting them now, still to see one on the road! If we go by that timeline maybe it'll be 8-10 months before we see the new CTR on these shores.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Priced correctly I think they could have sold a lot in the UK.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sent on vw site to check out competition and managed to modestly spec a 245bhp golf gti up to 40k! Loool!

What is this madness! (wouldn't touch one with a bargepole btw)

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Just sent on vw site to check out competition and managed to modestly spec a 245bhp golf gti up to 40k! Loool!

What is this madness! (wouldn't touch one with a bargepole btw)
That is utter madness - I'd buy a used A45S for not a massive amount more, and they are a very capable track and road car.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
The US price just released doesn't bode well for the UK being under £40k (not that I thought it would be...)
Sponsored