• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
2 problems I see at 50k: 1. Its just a development of the FK8, how do you justify the price on that basis? 2. It takes it out of daily driver territory for many people, becoming too special and valuable for supermarket car parks but undermining the point of the car in the process.
Agreed. It makes more sense to wait for a good FK8 deal to show up if this will be the case. Type Rs are suppossed to be do it all cars for relatively sane money.
Sponsored

Reactions: MrB

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
I mean I guess if people stateside are happy to pay 20k in dealer fees they should be able to sell them.

I am peeved big time tbh... Hyundai have been amazing to deal with... And I really feel the brand is on a roll right now.
Right, but the USA is different. I feel that, while the car market is crazy, it's on another level over there. I don't think people over here would be willing to spend ÂŁ10k-ÂŁ20k+ over sticker for what should be a ÂŁ40k car. We tend to be poorer and more level headed.

But I guess dumber things have happened!

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Different cars for different audiences. I've driven the i20n but not the i30n - if you want a smaller day-to-day car the i20n is great, it may even handle better than the 30, boot is tiny though
I need. A decent sized boot so it’s probably a bit small

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I'm probably getting the i20n.
I had a brief drive in a fiesta st but I couldn't gel with it, needed longer really as I know everyone rates them.

My dealer has just made a big deal that the UK is not a market Honda is that fussed about for the type R.
They had a 1500 mile fk8 for 31k which was tempting lol!
Snap that up if its a facelift

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
17 plate (owner died)

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
17 plate (owner died)
Oh! A bit old for that sort of money, despite the mileage… shame about the owner… hope he wasn’t young

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
£50k and I’m out, mine will be a low mileage car anyway and a few track days per year…. At that price you could get into an nice Used 911 or a Maserati Granturismo Stradale or anything else a bit special. As nice as the FL5 will be to drive around the B roads it’s not £50k car. The materials are still not up their worth the Germans and it will still rattle on the inside after a Year or 2

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting buy for someone though!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
£50k and I’m out, mine will be a low mileage car anyway and a few track days per year…. At that price you could get into an nice Used 911 or a Maserati Granturismo Stradale or anything else a bit special. As nice as the FL5 will be to drive around the B roads it’s not £50k car. The materials are still not up their worth the Germans and it will still rattle on the inside after a Year or 2
Agreed. Not just something you pop down the shops in or leave parked up in a random spot. I'll keep the current car if that's the case and buy something else fast & fun!

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
When I went to the invite to view the Civic at Marshall Honda, I asked the rep if they had any information about the CTR. The guy had zero, not even an estimate of a price or when it’ll be available. But they have already taken deposit from interested buyers, and he said it’s a £1000 deposits. I told him some places were doing a £500 deposit but he said Honda are asking £1000 everywhere.

Personally, I can’t see the the CTR being 50K, I think it’ll be 40 or 45K max. If it does hit the 50K mark I don’t think it will be short of buyers. This will likely be the very last petrol engine CTR and I think it will become a sort of collectors item that people are willing to pay for even at a high price.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
... he said it’s a £1000 deposits. I told him some places were doing a £500 deposit but he said Honda are asking £1000 everywhere.
Just so you know, this is complete BS. You can't officially pay a deposit to order a vehicle, it's dealers discretion what they decide to do.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Probably is BS since some on here have already said they’ve paid £500. I’m just telling you guys what I was told over the weekend.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well guys
I20n deposit paid.
Picking up next week. Paid list price (but no discount) and managed to get one with the bose system which adds another month or two to the wait list.
Very happy boy.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the CTR be like 38,995 now 🤣🤣
Sponsored