• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I had a test drive of i20N in March, very boring interior design, ugly rear view, and feels quite bumpy because there is no adaptive suspension. Also the sales guy said if I ordered one, I'll wait until November to get one.
Really? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there's no doubting how well it drives. It's scooped multiple hot hatch awards and my friends other drive is a Lotus Evora S - he bought it as he was amazed at the chassis, suspension and control.

Absolute bargain!
Sponsored

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
Its got to be under 40k or I will be keeping the FK8. No way am I paying the silly road tax on a 40k plus car.
The Civic event was this week end at Wakefield, they have my ÂŁ500 deposit. 4th on the list apparently.

Beenom

First Name
Moneeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz
33k for the regular 11th gen w/ top Advance spec before accessory packs o_O. Anyone recall the FK8 release price vs top spec 10th gen at the time?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I went to see the new Civic yesterday after receiving an invite from the dealer. There was the Sport and Advance model on display.

I was excited to finally see the car in person but left disappointed specially with the Sport model, doesn’t even look sporty. Why didn’t Honda even make an opening on the rear to house the exhaust like they do in the US? The Interior was the only impressive thing for me.

I have my eyes set on the CTR but the standard Sport would have been a fall back if I could not afford it. Also, it’s the same single engine on all the trim levels, where does the Sport model standout from the rest?

It’s obvious Honda is trying to attract a more mature audience but I think they will lose the younger ones this generation. The CTR is the only model that the younger generation will appeal to.

Anyone share the same feelings towards the standard Civic’s?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Average age was about 60 when I went!

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Really? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but there's no doubting how well it drives. It's scooped multiple hot hatch awards and my friends other drive is a Lotus Evora S - he bought it as he was amazed at the chassis, suspension and control.

Absolute bargain!
Better than a used i30N?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Better than a used i30N?
Different cars for different audiences. I've driven the i20n but not the i30n - if you want a smaller day-to-day car the i20n is great, it may even handle better than the 30, boot is tiny though

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
fingers crossed for 40k, expensive but what isn’t nowadays
Someone on reddit who has a deposit on a FL5 has just told me that their dealer called them to let them know it will retail for ÂŁ50k - ÂŁ55k.

Yeah I know its Reddit and an anonymous person, but at least I don't feel so alone anymore in this clown world.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm probably getting the i20n.
I had a brief drive in a fiesta st but I couldn't gel with it, needed longer really as I know everyone rates them.

My dealer has just made a big deal that the UK is not a market Honda is that fussed about for the type R.
They had a 1500 mile fk8 for 31k which was tempting lol!

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I guess 50k plus would tie in with the halo model ethos. Are Honda UK going to try and pitch it on the same level as a MĂ©gane Trophy R track special or something? Either way, I'm out at that price!

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
I'm probably getting the i20n.
I had a brief drive in a fiesta st but I couldn't gel with it, needed longer really as I know everyone rates them.

My dealer has just made a big deal that the UK is not a market Honda is that fussed about for the type R.
They had a 1500 mile fk8 for 31k which was tempting lol!
I think the i20N is a great option and something I was considering. But I've settled for the manual Supra, assuming I enjoy the test drive. Honda doesn't deserve our business if they're going to take the piss like this.

I was looking at FK8s but even they are pricey. Will consider one a year or two down the line as a second car if I find a good deal.

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
I guess 50k plus would tie in with the halo model ethos. Are Honda UK going to try and pitch it on the same level as a MĂ©gane Trophy R track special or something? Either way, I'm out at that price!
Yeah, looks to be that way. But I wonder, will they be able to shift 400 FL5s for ÂŁ50k+ in quick time? Are there enough rich people out there willing to drop such money on a Type R?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I guess if people stateside are happy to pay 20k in dealer fees they should be able to sell them.

I am peeved big time tbh... Hyundai have been amazing to deal with... And I really feel the brand is on a roll right now.

Reactions: MrB

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Yeah, looks to be that way. But I wonder, will they be able to shift 400 FL5s for ÂŁ50k+ in quick time? Are there enough rich people out there willing to drop such money on a Type R?
2 problems I see at 50k: 1. Its just a development of the FK8, how do you justify the price on that basis? 2. It takes it out of daily driver territory for many people, becoming too special and valuable for supermarket car parks but undermining the point of the car in the process.

Let's hope its at a more realistic ÂŁ40kish
Sponsored