• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
How come you didn’t wait for the price of the CTR to be announced before pulling the trigger on the I20? I don’t think an announcement is too far away.
Sponsored

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
They are hard to find at a good deal without a long wait..
Also I mean if the pricing is great I'll just run the i20n for 6 months whilst we wait and won't lose much

Mr_Toast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alpine A110, Golf GTI
Hi all, first time posting but looking to swap my Golf GTi for a Type R when they come out in UK. Pretty excited by the pictures and spec so far! Boost Blue for me!

I can't imagine it'll have a list price above a Golf R (£42k) and my local dealer thought the same. They confirmed they had no info at all to me on Saturday.

But I was thinking that manufacturers seem to be cashing in with "first edition" models these days. So maybe we'll see a UK "first edition" with all the extras fit as standard (e.g. carbon wing). That would probably get close to the £50k that some are speculating.

Whatever the answer...not long to wait now!

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Would not put a golf R ahead in any universe tbh..

And that's 42 plus a big selection of options on top??

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Hi all, first time posting but looking to swap my Golf GTi for a Type R when they come out in UK. Pretty excited by the pictures and spec so far! Boost Blue for me!

I can't imagine it'll have a list price above a Golf R (£42k) and my local dealer thought the same. They confirmed they had no info at all to me on Saturday.

But I was thinking that manufacturers seem to be cashing in with "first edition" models these days. So maybe we'll see a UK "first edition" with all the extras fit as standard (e.g. carbon wing). That would probably get close to the £50k that some are speculating.

Whatever the answer...not long to wait now!
Welcome, have you got your name down for one and an expression of interest paid at a dealer,? if not I think you will be in for a very very long wait

Mr_Toast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alpine A110, Golf GTI
Sorry, didn't mean Golf R is better (new one is not my cup of tea that's for sure). Meant CTRs are usually pitched around Golf R / Cupra Leon 300 / Megane Trophy price and not sure why they would change market position? Personally I think the dealers have a vested interest in speculating a high price while they still have 1 year old FK8s on the forecourt for close to £40k. They want to shift that stock at a high price before the new one comes in.

Expressed an interest at two different dealers. One was a very long time ago and they took down my details but weren't taking deposits. The other was on Saturday and they said they didn't have a list and weren't even interested in taking my name down. "Come down when we've got one in."

But I'm not looking to be first in queue. When you're as old as I am, 12/18 months feel like a matter of minutes. :) Though a boost blue FL5 should make me look/feel a bit younger... :)

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess the middle tier hot hatches have started to die off in favour of the mega hatches like the rs3, a45 and the civic dynamically is surely the one to have albeit not fastest in a straight line.

Anyway hopefully you can get your hands on one my friend!

ActionReplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic MK8
From the UK- not going for Type R-but ordered Advanced civic last week from Brindley. Expected delivery mid october. Upgrading from MK8 Civic.

OP
OP
SnoopstaR

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I'm really looking forward to this version.

Highly doubt it will be £50k.

Been watching endless YouTubsles on the car. I think I've started to learn Japanese 😂😂

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Same! Especially after being left disappointed by the standard Sport trim I am pinning all my hopes on the CTR being at "just" affordable price. Some decisions to be made here. I currently own a 2018 10th Gen Sport at 30K miles, I can maybe fetch £10-£12K for it, do I sell it now and hang on to that money to go towards the CTR or should I continue to drive the Sport with the value continuing to depreciate? Aware the used car market is on a bit of a high right now so my Sport may not depreciate too much? Also I don't do long distance drive hence the mileage is quite low.

Another car that I have been seriously considering as a fallback if the CTR prove too costly is the Cupra Formentor, one of the VZ models. I know it's a completely different car on what's been discussed here by people, but wondering what are people thoughts on it.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
From what I've read, anything with a current generation VAG infotainment system would probably drive me nuts.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
From what I've read, anything with a current generation VAG infotainment system would probably drive me nuts.
Will have to look into that but the infotainment on the current Civic isn't great either. I can look over all of that if there is Apple CarPlay, and apart from fiddling with a couple of temperature settings occasionally there isn't usually much else to mess with in a standard car.

Hope Honda have upped their game with the infotainment because judging by what we have seen on the CTR there is quite a number of performance based customisations you can do, so a lot more fiddling around if you wanted to.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Popped into the Civic launch at my local dealer today, drinks and nibbles… The interior is certainly an upgrade and the car feels big on the inside, almost as big as my wife’s 3 series. This is not a hot hatch by any means. They also felt it would be around the £40k mark and laughed when I suggested people are saying £50k

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed. I think everyone would be happy to see that price tag.

Its as much the size of it that's made me reconsider. My mates are in ep3s, clio 200s etc and they can fit down most roads. This car, hmm, id be thinking twice about following them 🤣🤣