• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

golty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M340i Xdrive
I just called Honda Enfield about 10 minutes ago to ask them if they have any updates for the Type R...and it's not good news. They told me that the car will be at least £50,000, and that there will be 400 models for the entire UK (for the first year I'm assuming?)

I placed my deposit in the beginning of August so I'm confident that I can secure a car. I'm just not sure anymore considering that eye-watering price.....
that is absolutely nuts if it’s £50k. Will be a rare car at that price!

I won’t be considering it either at that sort of price!
Sponsored

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Hopefully he's stirring the pot 😂🍯

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
Surely, surely, surely not....
I think I'll be getting off this mad ride at 50k to be quite honest..

You're joking? Right?
I wish I was joking but that's the official word from Honda Enfield. Apparently they found out themselves today.

Wasn't expecting this, dunno what to think now. The Type R LE was under £40k, its wild that a car can jump over £10k in a year, even with mad inflation. I was considering the manual Supra as a backup option and it's looking more attractive now.

I recommend you call your local Honda dealer to see if they have any new info, because I hope I'm having a nightmare or something.

Last edited:

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'll see if I can make a call.

I found out that my local dealer got allocated 2 LE FK8s but returned them both as the customers they lined up for them wanted a stereo.
Was so disappointed they didn't call me 😭😭

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
The trouble at £50k is (apart from finding £50k...) is that for me it'd then become a car you wouldn't want to daily or leave in a random supermarket carpark, get the interior dirty with a family day out etc.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just becomes a whole different ball game.
You could get a huyundai i20n and a lovely second car (s2k, ek9, fd2, integra) for 50k and not lose much on either id wager.
I had considered a i20n and thought it was lovely when I borrowed one for the afternoon. 25k!

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
I just called Honda Enfield about 10 minutes ago to ask them if they have any updates for the Type R...and it's not good news. They told me that the car will be at least £50,000, and that there will be 400 models for the entire UK (for the first year I'm assuming?)

I placed my deposit in the beginning of August so I'm confident that I can secure a car. I'm just not sure anymore considering that eye-watering price.....
I am dropping if it is true

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering the manual supra 3.0 at that price point with a better finance deal available... As I think some others are?

Of course enfield may just have it wrong! Lol

SteaknEggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't own a car
Considering the manual supra 3.0 at that price point with a better finance deal available... As I think some others are?

Of course enfield may just have it wrong! Lol
Exactly my thoughts. Manual Supra is £53.5k...Toyota are giving a £2k finance deposit contribution (until 3rd October) effectively bringing the price to £51.5k...that's FL5 money apparently. On top of that Toyota's interest rates are 2.9% vs Honda's shite 6.9% which means the Supra may even be the cheaper car after financing 💀 As someone who is looking to order a new performance car NOW, the Supra seems so much more attractive based on price. I feel like I'll be playing myself if I go for the Type R even though it's my most anticipated car.

I'm praying that Enfield somehow messed up but they seemed pretty sure on the phone. Going to personally give them a visit tomorrow.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do believe the standard supra doesn't have heated seats though.. Amazingly :/

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carwow seem to be offering a further discount... I think there is about a 6 month wait but that's consistent with the fl5 in all likelihood!!

kevinwang

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
No way it's £50k. It will lose the market if they decided so. £50k has so many other options.
Sponsored