• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Seems to be episode 4 according to wiki, not the most reliable source but hey.

Reactions: MrB

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Seen the video - it looks like Harris loves it! Nice 4 wheel drift 😎

It was an embedded video, can't find the link

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Registered my interest on a website for the CTR today, immediately got a phone call from my local dealer (must be a slow day at office) but no new information. Looking maybe January when they will get solid information on pricing, colours etc. The guy also said it’s very likely it will cost at least £40k or more based on the recent US release and the price of the new Civic currently selling in the UK. £38k would be really pushing it for me. £40k or more it’s game over I think! What is everybody else’s plan for the CTR?

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
I originally told myself anything over 40K I was out. I would be selling the FK8.
But my Wife who loves the FK8 as much as me said we should just go for it as it will be the last Manual ICE Type R ever!
She usually get her own way!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Depends how much over the 40k. £41,995 or £42,995 I think a lot will still go for it. £43k and up there'll be people starting to drop off. £45K+ and drop off will be significantly higher. £50k+ and large amounts will begin to question the value in it and consider alternative options. Also got to consider the higher tax on £40k+ cars. Then there's the looming recession, cost of living, austerity 2.0 that's coming etc.

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Depends how much over the 40k. £41,995 or £42,995 I think a lot will still go for it. £43k and up there'll be people starting to drop off. £45K+ and drop off will be significantly higher. £50k+ and large amounts will begin to question the value in it and consider alternative options. Also got to consider the higher tax on £40k+ cars. Then there's the looming recession, cost of living, austerity 2.0 that's coming etc.
Agree. You can easily find a used M2 competition in superb condition for £43k.

Bonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Does a used M2 do the same ~35mpg as the civic? it may be many CTR purchasers would be concerned about BMW m series ownership costs.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should think so. I averaged 30mpg out of my FK8 with mixed but spirited use.

golty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M340i Xdrive
Does a used M2 do the same ~35mpg as the civic? it may be many CTR purchasers would be concerned about BMW m series ownership costs.
I owned an m2 comp for year, averaged just over 27 mpg out of it so ye pretty thirsty! If you were trying maybe get 33-35 out of it!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yep, got to consider all the costs involved. Insurance, fuel, tyres, tax, servicing and repairs, reliability etc. Then it's if you will keep the car short or long term and depreciation. How are you going to pay for it, if you're using finance then the interest rate is another consideration and the cost of borrowing is increasing. Do you have a car to sell or trade in.

Then there's all the other cost of living rises, the mortgage and rent increases and come April '23 when the energy cap ends we could be looking at nearly £6k a year for electricity and gas. Kerosene heating oil is crazy price etc.

So much to think about before making commitments to £40k+ cars. I suspect there will be many who will overstretch their finances and end up in trouble if they're not careful!

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone else hearing 300 units for first year? Also no demo cars.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It's a joke from Honda UK! It keeps getting pushed back month by month with no solid info. The only thing we know for sure is it will be built in small numbers, but we don't know how many.

Really hoping the ride is good on UK roads once the wait is over!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Not hearing anything from Honda. Doesn't surprise me at all, welcome aboard the hype train!
Sponsored