• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
You know, I'm starting to wonder whether I should just get an FK8. Can get a late MY2020 or 21 for around £34k, no silly tax rate and less special to worry about parking in a supermarket etc...
Sponsored

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS/ 07 Subaru wrx
Hey guys,

ive been lurking around this forum for a while, first time posting. Early sept depositor, not sure how many are ahead of me on the waiting list.
Was contacted after the Nov announcement asking for my spec (CW/Carbon Pack) but haven’t heard anything since.
Im concerned about how delays may result in finance rates increasing.
Does anyone know if they have a 2023 allocation?

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
I don't think anyone here (I was definitely number 1 on my list and contacted to confirm my purchase) has actually gone ahead due to the excessive otr price

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yep, looking like another BoE interest rate rise coming and more than likely a number of further rises to follow. Honda apparently claiming they are increasing prices across the board on all models. I'd be concerned too.

Haven't a clue about allocations. Give your dealer a call and ask for an update?

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah tbh I’m still unsure if I’m going ahead - although all options I’m looking at seem to be priced at 40ish k - 3 yo m2 comp / amg a45 - even tempted to look into buying another focus RS - wife has approved a fast car provided it has isofix for the kids seats.
Think the lack of comms is making me go a bit 🤪.

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, looking like another BoE interest rate rise coming and more than likely a number of further rises to follow. Honda apparently claiming they are increasing prices across the board on all models. I'd be concerned too.

Haven't a clue about allocations. Give your dealer a call and ask for an update?
Good point, might pop in to the dealership as I’ve not even seen the new civic in person

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
Surely if you have not decided yet there is nothing left to buy?

I don't think these cars have gone to ordinary folk deciding between the CTR and its "competition" but likely into collections or the hands of those with money to burn. Brewsters millions springs to mind.

I'm sure the whole allocation would have gone on 30/11...1 per dealer.

No offence at all. Also I'm not sure there is a lack of comms.. The cat is now out of the bag. I was called to confirm my order the day the car was officially UK released.

Yeah tbh I’m still unsure if I’m going ahead - although all options I’m looking at seem to be priced at 40ish k - 3 yo m2 comp / amg a45 - even tempted to look into buying another focus RS - wife has approved a fast car provided it has isofix for the kids seats.
Think the lack of comms is making me go a bit 🤪.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Would have thought the dealer would have let you know what was going on.

I wouldn't be buying blind personally, all the video and photos are helpful but nothing is as good as seeing and feeling right there infront of you.

Seems all of us here are out. The price is a rip off as far as we're concerned. Given the exchange rate and the US and Japan price, plus the lower cost of shipping from Japan to the UK, the car should be £37-£39k in my opinion. Then there's the high interest rate for finance, the high tax rate because it's broken the £40k barrier. Add to that the interest rate increases to come and this car is just stupid overpriced.

The price it is and the other options available for that money, or not too far off and it leaves me in the out camp.

AMG A45S would be my choice of those you mentioned. Focus RS with it's cylinder head problems, I'd stay away from. M2 Comp just doesn't have the driver feedback and the feelz from what I'm told.

I'm sure the R is a great car to drive but it's just too much money for that car. A one year old FK8 would be a far better buy for probably around £27-£30k.

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surely if you have not decided yet there is nothing left to buy?

I don't think these cars have gone to ordinary folk deciding between the CTR and its "competition" but likely into collections or the hands of those with money to burn. Brewsters millions springs to mind.

I'm sure the whole allocation would have gone on 30/11...1 per dealer.

No offence at all. Also I'm not sure there is a lack of comms.. The cat is now out of the bag. I was called to confirm my order the day the car was officially UK released.

As have I (put forward my spec)…I guess I mean, there just seems to be a wide spread on the estimated delivery dates, jan - jun (?) im happy to hold on as it sounds like it’ll be something special…

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
I have put the FL5 out of my mind now. Very happy to be keeping the FK8 & looking forward to May when my GR86 arrives, this will replace my ageing MX5.Test drove it last week, its a cracking little sports car & a bargain compared to the FL5.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
You know, I'm starting to wonder whether I should just get an FK8. Can get a late MY2020 or 21 for around £34k, no silly tax rate and less special to worry about parking in a supermarket etc...
Same. I’m still keeping tabs on a late 20-21 FK8. I‘ve been browsing at other cars lately but there isn’t anything that matches the FK8 in terms of fun and practicality. Even if I wasn’t after a Type R but just a regular hatch there isn’t anything out there that meets the needs and styling of my current drive. But I’m beginning to worry if I’ll be able to change cars at all with prices of everything going up. My heart is already half settled that maybe I’ll just have to be driving my FK7 until it stops.

Reactions: MrB

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Could you trade or sell the FK7 and go up to FK8?

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Hi all,

Im in Billericay, Essex. I've had 5 Type R's including a special edition Mugen (FN2), I've put money down to get one, dealer told me IF i get one it wont be for a long time. The dealer didnt fill me with confidence. Annoying that other markets get priority over us.

Anyone know how many are coming to the UK and over what time frame?

Anyone got any concrete dates for delivery?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Could you trade or sell the FK7 and go up to FK8?
Yeah, I could do that but finding one at a decent mileage, preferably the face lifted version, and sonic grey pearl or racing blue at an acceptable price is a bit of a hard find. When looking for a used 2021 CTR the prices are still high, selling well over what the original price was when they came out, that is something I‘m not willing to pay.

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Yeah, I suppose if you want a particular colour etc. I thought prices had come down a bit but clearly not. Tempting for me to sell the FK8 and maximise return right now. I'm hoping the prices hold up until July when my final payment comes around and I make a decision on what to do. The opposite of what you would want really.
Sponsored