• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
So what would you be looking at If you sold your FK8 come July?
Sponsored

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I think the AMG A45S would be the practical choice in terms of size and boot space etc and it being a genuine step up in terms of power, quality and build, driver feedback equal or better, 4WD and so on.

Thing is, the cars I would like are higher price range than the FL5 so not really a comparison price wise unless I go for lower spec models or go used (which I don't want to do). I could just keep the FK8 if I was going into a used car anyway. Better the devil you know and all that.

Considered all the usual suspects really, just as most here have. Trying to look at all the options. The Cayman (would love a GT4 RS but out of my price range and the Cayman has no boot space either), BMW M2C, Audi RS, Golf R, Hyundai N, AMG A45S, Toyota GR and Supra and even been looking at Lotus.

Many rule themselves out because of my financial limit/price, practicality or lower power and less smiles per mile on feel and feedback etc.

Tough to decide, especially with the FK8 and all that it offers and then there's the economy, cost of living, and high finance APR to consider. I don't need a new car or have to change the FK8 and the grass may not be sweeter or more rosey, even if I think it will.

At current prices I could pay off the final payment, sell the FK8 and walk away with up to about £19k for a deposit on the next car. By July I'll also have a good £5k in cash to put alongside that.

Last edited:

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Hi all,

Im in Billericay, Essex. I've had 5 Type R's including a special edition Mugen (FN2), I've put money down to get one, dealer told me IF i get one it wont be for a long time. The dealer didnt fill me with confidence. Annoying that other markets get priority over us.

Anyone know how many are coming to the UK and over what time frame?

Anyone got any concrete dates for delivery?
Hi mate - every Honda dealership has been given 1 car, irrespective of size. I believe there are 126 dealerships in the UK.

Further allocations will be announced in Feb/March but this does not guarantee cars, or number split over dealerships. It is also does not confirm price.

Like many others, I passed on my car. The #2 guy snapped it up. I've also had a few Type R's before but It's just an insane amount of money for what it is, and if you have to finance, that car could cost £55k+ in the current market.

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Hi mate - every Honda dealership has been given 1 car, irrespective of size. I believe there are 126 dealerships in the UK.

Further allocations will be announced in Feb/March but this does not guarantee cars, or number split over dealerships. It is also does not confirm price.

Like many others, I passed on my car. The #2 guy snapped it up. I've also had a few Type R's before but It's just an insane amount of money for what it is, and if you have to finance, that car could cost £55k+ in the current market.
Hi mate

Thanks for the info. 126! Ouch. I know my deposit is a long shot. I'm prepared to wait it out. I've got quite a few in front of me so hopefully they drop out.

Time will tell. I can only try. Top Gear giving it car of the year and all the marketing is a pointless if the UK is only getting such a small number.

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
I was thinking maybe we should more be grateful they bothered to bring it here at all and the cost being charged represents the realities of a release of a low volume car (which, for the UK at least, it is).

They quite easily could have thought, do you know what, nah! Can't be arsed! I doubt it's much of a profit spinner in this market.

My main concern, selfishly, is that I see them appearing and selling at resale for thousands more than rrp and I missed out on profitable motoring and a fantastic car.. Is there anything better than that? GR Yaris and Air cooled porsche owners speak up 🤣.

But hey, how much will someone really pay for a civic type R?

Don21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS/ 07 Subaru wrx
I was thinking maybe we should more be grateful they bothered to bring it here at all and the cost being charged represents the realities of a release of a low volume car (which, for the UK at least, it is).

They quite easily could have thought, do you know what, nah! Can't be arsed! I doubt it's much of a profit spinner in this market.

My main concern, selfishly, is that I see them appearing and selling at resale for thousands more than rrp and I missed out on profitable motoring and a fantastic car.. Is there anything better than that? GR Yaris and Air cooled porsche owners speak up 🤣.

But hey, how much will someone really pay for a civic type R?
I don’t think there’s much we can do to deter flipping these cars - I do think the UK market has changed however, For example, the Lotus Emira? 2 year waiting list, 7 on auto trader (with a couple of price drops already), and one sold on auction for 3(ish) k above list.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I don’t think there’s much we can do to deter flipping these cars - I do think the UK market has changed however, For example, the Lotus Emira? 2 year waiting list, 7 on auto trader (with a couple of price drops already), and one sold on auction for 3(ish) k above list.
That's an interesting observation about the Emira!

Mrwaite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i, Saxo VTR , Royal Enfield 650gt
That's an interesting observation about the Emira!
The dealer my dad is buying from said one had sold for 100k ish but then I guess they would say that!!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That might just take Lotus off my potential list then.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I get the feeling that in Europe and for people like us here we are getting less and less options from car manufacturers, it all seems to be heading towards hybrid/electric cars with no excitement unless you are willing to pay big money for it.

If you take the standard new Honda Civic Hybrid as an example, the car ultimately is aimed at older drivers. I haven't driven one, but from the reviews that I have read, whilst it's very nice to drive it's hardly anything exciting. I would have been happy to purchase a new 2022 Civic Sport, with the previous but better tuned 1.5T engine (just like what they did with the FL5) and manual but we don't have that, it's over in the US only.

We also don't see other car models making it to these shores, much like the Civic Si model, would love Acura to bring the Integra here, and Toyota isn't bringing the GR Corolla either. From my search of cars lately, unless you are willing to pay £40K+ for a hot hatch, the in-between options are quite bland.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Lotus Emira is a chinese car, not a real brithish car! Time will show how good is the chinese car.
Yeah but then so much is Chinese and foreign owned now. It was only on the list to consider among the other options.

British cars generally and historically don't have a great track record of being high quality anyway.

Last edited:

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
It won't be long before all cars are computer limited to the speed limit set by the road signal tech and the car will not break the speed limit, no matter how powerful or fast the car has the potential to be. There won't be any point in having an exciting, powerful, high performance car unless you want to take it to a track.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Lotus Emira is a chinese car, not a real brithish car! Time will show how good is the chinese car.
Sorry to stray further off topic, but that is rubbish. Lotus is owned by Geely yes, but the Emira is designed and produced by Lotus in Norfolk, like every other Lotus before it.
Sponsored