• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone disappointed with their decision to purchase the new R?

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Has anyone been disappointed with their R after owning it for a few weeks? Could be anything from performance to overpaying etc? I don't expect there to be many, if any, just looking for some feedback as I wait for my allocation to come in.
Sponsored

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Has anyone been disappointed with their R after owning it for a few weeks? Could be anything from performance to overpaying etc? I don't expect there to be many, if any, just looking for some feedback as I wait for my allocation to come in.
None of these guys on here are going to say that they are disappointed about overpaying for their car. Even though there will be some that will look back and say that it was a mistake 😂

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
It's too early to be disappointed, but it's also too early to really feel the car out. Especially with it launching into winter and a bunch of the first days I've owned it, it's either rained or been too cold to really drive.
This may be sacrosanct here but... I've come from rwd cars for the last 10 years. The first loss of grip and wheel hop really put a damper on how I felt about the car. It's a really nice car, looks great, ironically both bigger and smaller in person.
It's one of those situations where the car may not be for me, but we will see. Before anyone loses their Honda loving mind, I will be the first to admit that these are likely my misconceptions of what I was getting into. I do have a decent of positive and negatives with the car.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Thats why they say money spent on experience is better than stuff because you'll always fondly remember experiences but you'll get used to stuff and they can even become headaches. But the car is new and shiny so i expect most to be excited... Overpaid or not.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
None of these guys on here are going to say that they are disappointed about overpaying for their car. Even though there will be some that will look back and say that it was a mistake 😂
I mean if a ton of people next year are getting them for MSRP or under, sure I will feel like I should have waited. Hindsight 20/20, but I really don't see that happening any time soon.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Thats why they say money spent on experience is better than stuff because you'll always fondly remember experiences but you'll get used to stuff and they can even become headaches. But the car is new and shiny so i expect most to be excited... Overpaid or not.
For sure, but this car (for me) is very much spending money on stuff and experiences. The car is absolutely an experience in itsself.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Absolutely not. Very happy with my decision, although admittedly I’ve had mine for just one week. I don’t feel as if I overpaid at $5k over sticker though, especially with a lifetime powertrain warranty included in the price. I bought it because I wanted a fun but practical daily driver that can pull double duty on the track if and when desired.

With that said and while I know everyone is free to do whatever he or she wishes with their money, $5k over would personally be the absolute max I would pay for the FL5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CivicR38

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I bought a e92 m3 when I turned 30 midlife crisis. Love didn't last even a year before I sold it. It happens.
I've had about 15 cars over the past 7 years. Just trade payment for payment but get to experience different things. I have yet to find a car that completely blows me away.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I've had about 15 cars over the past 7 years. Just trade payment for payment but get to experience different things. I have yet to find a car that completely blows me away.
What's on the list of stuff you've tried, and then what you want to try?

I imagine an Ariel Atom might change that tune...

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
not only yea, but hell yea!
I regret getting a car that I'd chased down a C4S without even trying! :rofl:
all we had to do was get to the freeway clover leaf, and I was on his ass!!! :rofl:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I loved my NC2 PRHT. Best and the most fun car I've ever owned. Only reason I sold it was life change caused me to buy sedan.

Last edited:

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Still under 200 miles but loving every one of them. Haven't ran it hard yet but I drive like a grandma on the street anyways so not in any hurry to do that. Like somebody else said it's been cold and rainy. Can't wait for spring to get it on track.