• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Assembly Lube or Oil Leak or Both?

SpeedFreek34

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4, Infiniti G35, Honda Civic
Last week, I wanted to see what it looked like underneath the engine. I found some oil that appears to be coming from in between the engine and the transmission. To me, it appears that the main seal was leaking. I brought it in to the dealership and their technician had informed me that this was just assembly lube and they didn't not find anything else out of place. Has anyone else looked underneath their engine and find oil there?
Sponsored

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Yes, it's likely assembly lube. I took mine back with the same issue in 2016. They found no problem. Never recurred.

OP
OP
SpeedFreek34

SpeedFreek34

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I knew that before I gave my money to the stealership. I'm used to old cars with leaky rear main seals. My old Honda Civic never did that but I got it used.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I had a leak coming from my passenger half-shaft support bearing. It was Green/Yellow in color. Turned out to be grease from the bearing and the half-shaft was replaced under warranty.

The grease was getting hot and turning into a liquid and leaking out of the bearing seals. No drivability issues with it. Just a mess on my belly pan

Crunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
Last week, I wanted to see what it looked like underneath the engine. I found some oil that appears to be coming from in between the engine and the transmission. To me, it appears that the main seal was leaking. I brought it in to the dealership and their technician had informed me that this was just assembly lube and they didn't not find anything else out of place. Has anyone else looked underneath their engine and find oil there?
What ever happened to this? I just picked up my car two days ago and checked underneath and have some oil in the same spot on my car. Going to wipe it off and see if it comes back or not and if it does I will take it to the dealer.

Attachments

OP
OP
SpeedFreek34

SpeedFreek34

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty much wiped it off. I haven't checked the underside recently, but my oil level is still fine. However, the dealer would be glad to take your donation for just looking at it. Avoid that if you can.

Crunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
Pretty much wiped it off. I haven't checked the underside recently, but my oil level is still fine. However, the dealer would be glad to take your donation for just looking at it. Avoid that if you can.
Same here, going to check it in a week or so again to make sure it is still dry.
Sponsored