• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best one way coilovers?

TenTenths

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Nitron 1 ways. Before I hit pay what else should I look at that is available now. Not looking for stuff that is out in March or without a timeline. 2 ways are a bit out of whatbinwant to spend. Trying to stay at the 3-4k mark.

Must have adjustable top hats.

Not interested in Ohlins. This isn't a street car outside of some weekend drives.

Looking at FA 510s with Swift springs etc.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Nitron 1 ways. Before I hit pay what else should I look at that is available now. Not looking for stuff that is out in March or without a timeline. 2 ways are a bit out of whatbinwant to spend. Trying to stay at the 3-4k mark.

Must have adjustable top hats.

Not interested in Ohlins. This isn't a street car outside of some weekend drives.

Looking at FA 510s with Swift springs etc.
Any specific reason for the coils? The stock struts are good enough for track duty and with a spring they feel better than oem.

OP
OP
TenTenths

TenTenths

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Any specific reason for the coils? The stock struts are good enough for track duty and with a spring they feel better than oem.
Because I want specific height adjustments....more camber, -3+, running 10.5 ET47 with 285/30s....I am doing a full season of 6 time attack events.

Coilovers > better than springs and stock struts otherwise every Type R from 17 on that sees actual serious track time wouldn't change them out.

Lowering springs won't cut it for my use case if I want to be competitive in class.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Because I want specific height adjustments....more camber, -3+, running 10.5 ET47 with 285/30s....I am doing a full season of 6 time attack events.

Coilovers > better than springs and stock struts otherwise every Type R from 17 on that sees actual serious track time wouldn't change them out.

Lowering springs won't cut it for my use case if I want to be competitive in class.
Yeah just curious, I have found mine to be very competitive with stock struts. I’m currently looking for adjustable top hats for the stock suspension setup. As far as what you are looking for coils are the answer. But again I’m not doing ultra competitive events or wheel to wheel racing. Just a couple of events a year and some auto x.

I think there are not enough options out there yet. So those Nitron’s sound like a good option.

OP
OP
TenTenths

TenTenths

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah just curious, I have found mine to be very competitive with stock struts. I’m currently looking for adjustable top hats for the stock suspension setup. As far as what you are looking for coils are the answer. But again I’m not doing ultra competitive events or wheel to wheel racing. Just a couple of events a year and some auto x.

I think there are not enough options out there yet. So those Nitron’s sound like a good option.
I have heard they work well with springs, I just want more adjustments. Hopefully there are some camber plate options soon for the stock setup. They would sell well! Which springs did you go with?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have heard they work well with springs, I just want more adjustments. Hopefully there are some camber plate options soon for the stock setup. They would sell well! Which springs did you go with?
The ones for the FK8 are a direct fit so some should be available. I went with the eibach pro kit FK8 version for just a little drop and managed to squeeze about-1.4 camber on the drivers side and -1.7 camber on the passenger. Now need to top hats to adjust them to -2 even on both sides. Rear gave me about -2.0 to -2.1 and zero’d out the Toe to make the car rotate better. But will also be doing a bigger sway bar in the rear.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
If you're willing to go $3-4k you might as well go just that bit farther and get something like a JRZ IMO.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I'm suggesting with that budget I wouldn't be going 1-way ;)

Are you just looking for tuning simplicity?

What is the "problem" with the stock suspension you are trying to solve?

Are you running R compound tires?

Have you tracked it with the OEM setup and the W&T combo you will use?

My hunch is that going to a SA C/O isn't going to be much of an uplift from stock unless your tracks are extremely bumpy. If they are... I'd want at least DA to deal with that.

I used to autocross and tire and suspension tuning were my jam. I don't claim to be some guru but I've played with this stuff a fair amount.

OP
OP
TenTenths

TenTenths

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm suggesting with that budget I wouldn't be going 1-way ;)

Are you just looking for tuning simplicity?

What is the "problem" with the stock suspension you are trying to solve?

Are you running R compound tires?

Have you tracked it with the OEM setup and the W&T combo you will use?

My hunch is that going to a SA C/O isn't going to be much of an uplift from stock unless your tracks are extremely bumpy. If they are... I'd want at least DA to deal with that.

I used to autocross and tire and suspension tuning were my jam. I don't claim to be some guru but I've played with this stuff a fair amount.
Pmd

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Sent, but for a greater audience pretty much what I said is I'd start by getting the W&T combo you will use and then try to get some test sessions to see where the weak spots are. Does it need more spring rate? A swaybar? Etc. Probably where I'd start though is by getting as much alignment adjustability as possible as exploiting the tires to their fullest is likely the easiest, cheapest, and biggest return.