• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best aftermarket exhaust system that can be easily converted back to stock.

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Thinking about changing my type R exhaust system to great sound but want to be able to revert to OEM when it’s time to sell. what do you experts think?
Sponsored

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
Thinking about changing my type R exhaust system to great sound but want to be able to revert to OEM when it’s time to sell. what do you experts think?
Buy whatever exhaust you like the best. Sell the stock exhaust for scrap metal. Never sell your FL5.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The installation of most, if not all, aftermarket exhaust systems will allow you to return to stock relatively easily. They're called bolt-ons for a reason. Get whatever exhaust you want and enjoy. One thing to consider is the stock exhaust is one long piece so disassembly is not feasible unless you cut it into pieces. As a result, storage could be problematic.

JPoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR '23 GR Morizo
Have you tried removing the active exhaust fuse yet? Some find that to be enough

OP
OP
MYK20C1

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven’t tried that!

OP
OP
MYK20C1

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The installation of most, if not all, aftermarket exhaust systems will allow you to return to stock relatively easily. They're called bolt-ons for a reason. Get whatever exhaust you want and enjoy. One thing to consider is the stock exhaust is one long piece so disassembly is not feasible unless you cut it into pieces. As a result, storage could be problematic.
Okay thanks for that info - didn’t know that!

Ac12

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Accord
If you just want some more noise a lot of people are doing resonator deletes...it save a couple of grand.. there are quite a few videos on yt...

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
If you just want some more noise a lot of people are doing resonator deletes...it save a couple of grand.. there are quite a few videos on yt...
I did a resonator delete, it is a very marginal increase in volume. The car still sounds like an appliance. I am going to pull the trigger shortly on a catback exhaust to spice things up a bit.

Now a downpipe + removal of at least one resonator may be a more appreciable increase in sound. I am not willing to remove both resonators though, in past experience it introduces too much drone.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
They are all pretty much the same for install. Our best sellers are AWE Touring and Apexi. Let us know if we can help you with exhausts.

-Josh

OP
OP
MYK20C1

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - will consider that!

iamwaywong

First Name
Way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 SSM AP2, 2023 CW FL5, 2022 PW RDX A-Spec
Have you tried removing the active exhaust fuse yet? Some find that to be enough
i did this and felt the noise increase was just enough, I have kids in the backseat so I want to keep the noise civilized

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Also - maybe it's just placebo , however now that my car has 12k miles, I feel like the exhaust has gotten a little louder. I've been running flap fuse pulled for the majority of the time too..

Do others notice this?

OP
OP
MYK20C1

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did this and felt the noise increase was just enough, I have kids in the backseat so I want to keep the noise civilized
I am definitely gonna try the fuse trick. Thanks for this tip! Might be just what I want!
Sponsored