• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Best Hidden Mod

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Changing just the ground wire, even to a thicker gauge, should not result in anything…unless the original wire is of insufficient gauge. The new wire looks nicer, and not having the conductors exposed to air/moisture is a good thing. I can understand buying it on just those merits.

OP
OP
MKC

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I know it’s hard to believe but that’s my impression after swapping out the wire. Another FL5 owner that did this also have the same impression.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Impressions and proof are 2 different things. I’m not saying your impressions are invalid, but in a blind test I guarantee there would be no conclusive evidence of a difference in performance.

OP
OP
MKC

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Changing just the ground wire, even to a thicker gauge, should not result in anything…unless the original wire is of insufficient gauge. The new wire looks nicer, and not having the conductors exposed to air/moisture is a good thing. I can understand buying it on just those merits.
I agree it shouldn’t change anything. I didn’t expect much also except it did…
The science behind why better grounding improves transmission and throttle response on the FL5 is an unknown to me but that’s what I felt

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It’s called Expectation Bias.

You should perform a blind test. Have a friend swap the cable in and out randomly and see if you can still perceive the difference with any consistency. Even if you don’t perceive any difference with any consistency in your test, it appears to at least be a well-made product…and that’s totally fine. It doesn’t have to be a “magic” cable.

OP
OP
MKC

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Bullshit. Show me proof.
How do you prove a smoother transmission except from from your own driving experience?

As for the throttle response I guess it could be proven on a dyno. But I don’t have access to it

I’m just sharing what I discovered u don’t have to believe lol

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
How does the gauge of a grounding wire affect the smoothness of a transmission? What's the logical thought process?

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Ah. Additional grounding removes tension from the shift cables and allows for smoother shifts.
Sponsored