• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best First Mod for FL5

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
Honestly a tune. Just makes it drive so much more alive. Doesn’t feel so sluggish and held back. 3rd gear is actually fun now
Sponsored

OP
OP
MKC

MKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Honestly a tune. Just makes it drive so much more alive. Doesn’t feel so sluggish and held back. 3rd gear is actually fun now
You got the Flashpro with stock map or custom tune?
Which hondata map are you using?

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
How's NVH, i hate when shit rattles
Any DIY? Easy to install?
I also hate rattles and vibrations. I had Hasport 62A on my FA5 and it made a terrible vibrating humm in the car. I swapped back to fully window welded OEM mounts and loved it.

The FL5 with the powerflex, there are some slight vibrations transmitted, but it hasn't made anything rattle. I mean very slight engine vibes, just enough to let you know it's alive and more sporty feeling. I already have some vibrations from the glovebox and the right side of the center console/footwell area below the shifter, but they were there when the car was new and more related to driving over bumps and road rattles.

I can tell the existing rattles are an easy fix with some felt tape or foam pieces in the right area, but no, no vibrating mirrors or audible vibrations due to the mount.

Install is extremely easy. Remove the splash panel. Drop the RMM rear vertical bolt, remove the front horizontal out of the threads. There is a front pipe heatshield welded to the pipe, with a cutout for the front bolt. Just monkey it out by twisting the RMM down and out while clearing the bolt through the cutout. Installed the powerflex takes literally 20 seconds into the RMM and back in it goes. Easily reversible upgrade, and super cheap.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
AMSOIL fluid swap. No risk, low cost.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I went down the modding rabbit hole with my 2.0 Accord and it became almost an addiction. I was inventing ways to spend money on aftermarket goodies. I realize the 2.0 Accord is no FL5, but I plan on taking it a bit slower and be a little more judicious with the mods with my CTR. This is my daily driver and will see very limited track days.

Mods to date:

KAGU All-Weather floor mats
Lasfit LED replacement bulbs (rear turn signals, backup lamps & cargo area)
Full front PPF
30% window tint
Roof wrapped in gloss black PPF (CW paint)
Flap Fab rock chip guards
Cusco Front Strut bar
18" Winter Wheel & Tire set-up

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Can you stand the 4x4 look without a drop? 😬
Touching the suspension would void the suspension warranty lol
I doubt SPOON springs would do any harm to the stock suspension though
I really wouldn't worry about the suspension. Yes, if something breaks then it likely won't get replaced under warranty... but let's be real here let's just say you install springs, and it accelerates the wear of the OEM dampers. By the time they're trashed to the point they need replaced, I'm pretty sure it will be well past the warranty period. Also suspension components are generally far less expensive to replace than an engine and/or transmission.

Other warranty claims for suspension I'd imagine would be rare. Sure things break in the suspension but it's usually due to some traumatic event, in which case that's not a warranty claim anyway; possibly insurance. Insurance will cut you a check for a repair; just use it to buy another aftermarket part. 🤷‍♂️

On these cars, unless you get dumb with wheel/tire selection aftermarket wheels can look just fine without a drop. I wouldn't do it with 18s, but if you stick with 19s you'd probably be fine (unfortunately it seems there are far less options for 19s...), but as I said, just get whatever wheels you want and drop it. Tons of fine spring options out there, maybe coils would be a bit extreme unless it's seeing regular track use, as you'd lose the adaptive damper functionality. Also more expensive.

Reactions: MKC

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
There is a risk. If someone uses Amsoil signature oil, it’s not API certified. The manual calls for API certified oils only. So if someone’s engine blows and they used Amsoil Signature, Honda may not cover it because the oil wasn’t to their spec listed in the owners manual.
Huh, I didn't know that.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Remove the exhaust flap fuse so that it's stuck open. Best first free mod.

KN or sprint air filter another good mod which adds a little more sound.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
There is a risk. If someone uses Amsoil signature oil, it’s not API certified. The manual calls for API certified oils only. So if someone’s engine blows and they used Amsoil Signature, Honda may not cover it because the oil wasn’t to their spec listed in the owners manual.
Good point, although I did not mean engine oil...was thinking more of manual transmission / gear oil...which I believe is certified. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken...

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
API certification or not I would not in the slightest be worried about using AMSOIL in your Honda engine. It's generally know as one of the top-rated synthetic oils on the market. I've been using it for over a decade in all my high performance vehicles with zero issues.

Also, best first mod in my opinion is either the Alcantara steering wheel, or the Homelink mirror upgrade if you are using a garage daily.

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Honda can deny warranty since the owner isn’t maintaining the engine per Honda’s requirements
I'm sure they can, but I'd love to see them try and prove it. Unless you just go smooth brain and literally tell them you put oil in that wasn't to spec.