• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Best Hidden Mod

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I suppose if you wanna spend $20 to trigger a placebo effect, it may be worth it to some.
Sponsored

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Ah. Additional grounding removes tension from the shift cables and allows for smoother shifts.
It's gets really crazy in the electron world. You see, electrons are like guards :bat: that keep protons from rioting and therefore with less rioting and neutron mutilation, that means less atom tension and stress within the electron community, thus the smoother shifting. :headbang: I can see that happening :dunno:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
It's gets really crazy in the electron world. You see, electrons are like guards :bat: that keep protons from rioting and therefore with less rioting and neutron mutilation, that means less atom tension and stress within the electron community, thus the smoother shifting. :headbang: I can see that happening :dunno:
Don't forget that the faster they move the lighter they are. So there's a bonus weight reduction.

Midori Garage

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG4, AP2, FL5
For those FL owners who thinks this is a bullshit claim, I dare you swap out the OEM ground wire and get thick cable wire (anywhere!) and go for a test drive. Report your experience here.

I’m just trying to share what I discovered
no one is judging your opinion. Placebo is a real thing but you should understand that its just placebo.

A ground cable cannot logically have any effect on the smoothness of a mechanical manual transmission.

if you simply claimed that it made throttle response better or the engine smoother, 100% of people would agree because better grounds are proven to improve ignition systems on combustion engines.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
no one is judging your opinion. Placebo is a real thing but you should understand that its just placebo.

A ground cable cannot logically have any effect on the smoothness of a mechanical manual transmission.

if you simply claimed that it made throttle response better or the engine smoother, 100% of people would agree because better grounds are proven to improve ignition systems on combustion engines.
đź’Ż This exactly!
Someone else posted a link to a complete upgraded HKS grounding system. I can certainly understand why something like that can improve electrical system functionality/consistency. But just changing 1 ground cable to a better one is not going to do much except look nicer under the hood. Even that HKS system, I see this as one of those things you add to your car after you’ve exhausted your list of mods/improvements and want to eek out that last 1-2% of performance.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
đź’Ż This exactly!
Someone else posted a link to a complete upgraded HKS grounding system. I can certainly understand why something like that can improve electrical system functionality/consistency. But just changing 1 ground cable to a better one is not going to do much except look nicer under the hood. Even that HKS system, I see this as one of those things you add to your car after you’ve exhausted your list of mods/improvements and want to eek out that last 1-2% of performance.
Or when you’re absolutely bored and have nothing to do during the next pandemic.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think you guys are missing the obvious, the additional performance is quickly outweighed by the disruption in the cars weight balance. I was experiencing massive nose dive in corners from all the added weight of copper after upgrading. To better balance the car after this mod, make sure to stock up on copper bracelets and necklaces for yourself, and maybe a a pair of JDM truck nuts (preferably in burnt TI) for the back to keep everything even.

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
I fell for the Hyper Earth claim on my Evo 8 when I was having some rough idle issues when warmed up. It did squat from a perceptible perspective - no difference. I still have most of it in my basement if anyone needs it.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I fell for the Hyper Earth claim on my Evo 8 when I was having some rough idle issues when warmed up. It did squat from a perceptible perspective - no difference. I still have most of it in my basement if anyone needs it.
I’m as big of a skeptic as anyone here, but it seems like you were expecting a fancy grounding system to fix a misdiagnosed problem?

I gotta ask : I assume the car was, at one point, idling fine without the hyper grounding system. So…why would you expect a rough idle to be fixed by it? I don’t understand the logic.

EJHonda

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71
HKS literally claimed that the system smoothed rough idle, and I was desperate for a solution.
Sponsored